Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonable amount of time??

Options
  • 18-12-2013 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭

This is probably a 'how long is a piece of string' question but I went sale agreed on a house on 7th Nov & paid a deposit a week later. The house is a repossession so the vendor is PTSB. I was onto the auctioneer last week as the vendors solicitor still hadn't forwarded on the contracts to my solicitor so he said he would send them a reminder however to date my solicitor still has not received any paperwork.
    So my question is is 6 week adequate enough time to expect my solicitor to have gotten the contract or am I just being unrealistic??
    The property is unsecured i.e. broken back gate & windows so I'm eager to get moving & get the property secured, alarm etc. before anymore damage is done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,326 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ms2011 wrote: »
    This is probably a 'how long is a piece of string' question but I went sale agreed on a house on 7th Nov & paid a deposit a week later. The house is a repossession so the vendor is PTSB. I was onto the auctioneer last week as the vendors solicitor still hadn't forwarded on the contracts to my solicitor so he said he would send them a reminder however to date my solicitor still has not received any paperwork.
    So my question is is 6 week adequate enough time to expect my solicitor to have gotten the contract or am I just being unrealistic??
    The property is unsecured i.e. broken back gate & windows so I'm eager to get moving & get the property secured, alarm etc. before anymore damage is done.
    I would say you are being totally unrealistic.
    I am sale agreed since Feb....on a house with vendor in negative equity....it sounds like you are in a better situation but I would say 2/3 months minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Disagree vendor has agreed to sell everything should be in order. The vendors solicitor just has to send a letter with contract in. Its not difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Ms2011

2-3 months for the contracts to be sent out? Really? On a house that has been repossessed & is vacant since May 2010?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

gmisk wrote: »
    I would say you are being totally unrealistic.
    I am sale agreed since Feb....on a house with vendor in negative equity....it sounds like you are in a better situation but I would say 2/3 months minimum.

Youre in a very different situation though with a seller in NE; the seller is basically waiting on approval from the bank which could take a long time. The OP sounds like they are well past that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Banks are so slow, they will take much longer than a standard vendor to respond. They also will probably not answer queries to your solictors satisfaction eg on title issues. It really is a fraught business purchasing a repo. Settle in for about double the usual time ime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Ms2011

MouseTail wrote: »
    Banks are so slow, they will take much longer than a standard vendor to respond. They also will probably not answer queries to your solictors satisfaction eg on title issues. It really is a fraught business purchasing a repo. Settle in for about double the usual time ime.

Thanks for he reply, looks like I'm in for a bit of a wait & there's me thinking dealing with a bank would be LESS hassle :rolleyes:

Advertisement