Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Results from Multiple Leaving Cert’s count?

Options
  • 18-12-2013 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

I can’t seem to get a straight answer on this matter so I thought I’d ask it here.

Do Results from Multiple Leaving Cert’s count in so far as job applications later in life?

I've applied for a Government Job and one of the requirements is a leaving cert with “X” results, upon checking my CV I’ve realised I don't actually have a copy of those results so have sent away for them, but while doing so have had to send off for two years of results as I sat the exam in 2000 and repeated the Exam in 2001

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Typically when applying to college through the CAO you can count grades to meet requirements from any sitting of the Leaving Cert but only point from one year. So to apply that to a job qualification you are justified in putting your best combination of results in your various subjects down, you did acheive those grades.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

Your points score must be made from exams from the single year only. With regards to specific subjects or possible matriculation requirements, they can come separately in a different year/different years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

I'm sure OP would find your information helpful if they were applying to the CAO and not a job, A97.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

You can carry the grade over multiple Leaving Certs but you can only use your points from one LC result.

People, please actually read OP's question before parroting back the same thing over and over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

yoho139 wrote: »
    People, please actually read OP's question before parroting back the same thing over and over.

who made you moderator?

who made you moderator?

Someone's got to do it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Someone's got to do it.
    And that's not you, so stop backseat moderating before you find out how infractions work. Thanks.

OP, to answer your question, I imagine it's a lot like college applications. You didn't specify, but if they want X amount of points, you'll have to ask them yourself - they might want it all in one go rather than mixing and matching grades from 2000 and 2001. If they just want certain grades, then you should be fine even if you did it over two sittings, but only they know if they'll accept it or not, which is probably why it's hard to get a straight answer off anyone else.

Canard wrote: »
    And that's not you, so stop backseat moderating before you find out how infractions work. Thanks.

Wouldn't be necessary if the moderators would do their job instead of giving out to people for pointing out that parroting back useless information is, well, useless.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Wouldn't be necessary if the moderators would do their job instead of giving out to people for pointing out that parroting back useless information is, well, useless.
    And how wonderful it would be if the members would start doing their part too and reading the rules about 1. backseat moderating, 2. spamming and 3. questioning a moderator on thread!

We have lives too, and a few slightly off-topic replies (the worst of which are your own) are not the biggest problem in the forum. We delete actual problematic posts before many people see them. Do not reply to this on thread, if you wish to continue this petty debate then PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

What he said. ^^^
    Here's the thing, it's not a job ... it's something we voluntarily fit in around our normal lives, and like most people, this is a time of year with lots of stuff going on.

And given OP hasn't been back since 18th, I'm going to assume s/he has discussed this elsewhere and got his / her answer ... so I'm closing this before anyone else drops in, reads too hastily and gives well-meaning but erroneous answers and annoys someone else, and starts the cycle again.

Happy Christmas, one and all!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement