Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick leave after maternity leave am i entitled to a medical card help!!!

Options
  • 18-12-2013 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I am on sick sick leave from work after maternity leave I have post natal depression and have notified my employer that I will not be returning till im well I have no medical card as I was full time leaving work I have asked my employer for a part time contract if there is any available I haven't heard back from them 2 weeks later and I cannot apply for a medical card until I know where I stand I have to pay 40 euro a week for antidepressants and 50 to see the doctor my maternity benefit was over last week and I was told I will be waiting for 3 weeks to receive my sick leave payment I think its ridiculous anybody know if I will be entitled to a medical card? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

You could apply for it, but they are cutting back on issueing them.

Your prescriptions will be capped at €140 a month (or thereabouts), anything over that amount is either not charged or refundable.

I'm not sure anti-d tabs are the best treatment for pnd. I'd ask in the maternity hospital when next there.

Also tell your doctor your financial issue & get prescriptions on the double/treble (although anti-d use should be tightly monitored in the initial stages, until you get used to them & the doc can check your moods/bloods).

What did he put you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ava123

OU812 wrote: »
    You could apply for it, but they are cutting back on issueing them.

Your prescriptions will be capped at €140 a month (or thereabouts), anything over that amount is either not charged or refundable.

I'm not sure anti-d tabs are the best treatment for pnd. I'd ask in the maternity hospital when next there.

Also tell your doctor your financial issue & get prescriptions on the double/treble (although anti-d use should be tightly monitored in the initial stages, until you get used to them & the doc can check your moods/bloods).

What did he put you on?

Thanks for your reply if I apply for a medical card do I just put down what im making on sick leave. I am on efexor for a month then have to go back to the dr to monitor it before I get switched to a higher dose . I should ask citizens advice what can I do. I cant even apply for a medical card till I know what im making on sick leave. I hate all this carry on I wish I was better enough to be in work I hate having to ring and email hse and social welfare and getting nowhere after explaining myself 10 times its ridiculous they have people like beggars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Effexor is supposed to be really good for PND, but it (like so many Anti Ds) can be addictive, so be aware of this & manager your does with your GP.

You can apply online or at least fill it in & print it off & send back with the additional documentation required here https://www.sspcrs.ie/portal/medapponline/

You'll need to get a alter from your employer stating what you're currently earning (even if nothing) & back it up with all sorts of paperwork like bank statements etc.

It's a real runaround, but maybe it's better that way to cut down on fraud etc.

Good look with it & be well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ava123

OU812 wrote: »
    Effexor is supposed to be really good for PND, but it (like so many Anti Ds) can be addictive, so be aware of this & manager your does with your GP.

You can apply online or at least fill it in & print it off & send back with the additional documentation required here https://www.sspcrs.ie/portal/medapponline/

You'll need to get a alter from your employer stating what you're currently earning (even if nothing) & back it up with all sorts of paperwork like bank statements etc.

It's a real runaround, but maybe it's better that way to cut down on fraud etc.

Good look with it & be well.

Thanks so much your very helpful :)

Advertisement