Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48 Coverage?

Options
  • 18-12-2013 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭

Thinking of switching to 48, but unsure of their coverage. Anyone know what they're like north Dublin & city centre? Any blackspots on the dart line etc?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

48 is down at the moment, pretty much sums it up.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

48 is down at the moment, pretty much sums it up.

That's a bit unfair tbh, yeah they are down at the minute but so too are tesco, it's a problem on o2's part rather than on either tesco or 48 months.

Both my wife and son are both on 48 months network and this is the first bit of downtime they've had in the 6 or 8 weeks they've been with 48

I myself am with eMobile for last 2 years or so, ok their calls and text side of the network have never been down for me in that time, the same can't be said for their data side of things. Quite a few times I've had to ring them due to the fact I had no internet at all, one particular time it was gone for over 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

2nd time the 48 network has been down since I switched in September which isn't great.Never happenned with Vodafone or 02 who I was with previously for the guts of 10 years.

Coverage is the same as 02's so fine in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

My work phone is O2 and that's fine, but 48 is down.

I thought they would be both down at the same time, but obviously not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Think the problem is on 48/Tesco's end and not the actual 02 network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Some info
    on ‎19-12-2013 19:15

Issue with all network services, 19th December Options ‎19-12-2013 06:25 PM We are currently experiencing a major outage across our network resulting in the failure of calls, texts and data. This is also affecting our website which means you cannot buy memberships or add-ons. We are very sorry for the inconvenience; this issue is being given the highest priority with our service providers to get this resolved as soon as possible. We will continue to provide updates here on the

Community.

Once again it appears to be within the shared platform that giffgaff, and some Irish networks (such as 48 Months / Tesco Mobile Ireland) use

see their community with the same message

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Techie-Updates/Issue-with-all-network-services-19th-December/m-p/158...

Confirmation that customers are now affected on Tesco Mobile Ireland

Why does that link keep pointing towards HTC info?? :confused:

[NOT-url]http://community.48months.ie/t5/Techie-Updates/Issue-with-all-network-services-19th-December/m-p/158[/url]

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This is the third time they've been down since I joined them a few months ago. Complete pain in the arse.

Proper link - http://community.48months.ie/t5/Techie-Updates/Issue-with-all-network-services-19th-December/td-p/15883
    Latest update @ 21:20

As we mentioned in our previous update we are seeing some calls, texts and data being successful on the network. However, the return to full service for everyone is taking longer than we had anticipated. Our engineers are working hard to speed up this process and get your service back as soon as possible.

Is it anything to do with 3 taking over O2?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Are 48/Tesco the same?

Our Year wrote: »
    Are 48/Tesco the same?

48/Tesco/GiffGaff and someone else (Can't remember name) All rent from O2. So all on same network, but run by different companies.

MVNO companies (Mobile Virtual Network Operators)

Seems they are down everywhere. GiffGaff is Down (UK Company) Tesco UK is apparently also down, and they are all MVNO from Telefonica.

I don't think 48Months and GiffGaff are the same company, but they are near identical in their format and service. Also, their forums are a very,very format.

I don't know if anyone in central Europe is on the same, or having the same problems, but it seems the MVNO are the same as the UK, so why do we get billed roaming in the UK?

It would explain the price though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement