Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult returning to do Leaving Certificate?

Options
  • 18-12-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hello All,

I am 34 years old and I am thinking of going back to repeat my leaving cert in September in an Adult leaving cert course.
    Not sure, if I should or not, since the last time I did my leaving was back in 1998 ...but before I make the decision, I would like to see how much has changed (or how much has not changed lol!).

So If anyone has any links to a website that gives an overview of the Leaving Certificate course 2015, can you post the links here please?..just so I know what it will be like...

Thanks...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Sapphire3 wrote: »
    Hello All,

I am 34 years old and I am thinking of going back to repeat my leaving cert in September in an Adult leaving cert course.
    Not sure, if I should or not, since the last time I did my leaving was back in 1998 ...but before I make the decision, I would like to see how much has changed (or how much has not changed lol!).

So If anyone has any links to a website that gives an overview of the Leaving Certificate course 2015, can you post the links here please?..just so I know what it will be like...

Thanks...

Is there a specific reason you want to redo it? As a mature student you may be given dispensation on your original results if you choose to study at 3rd level. There are different rules for mature students than people who just sat the LC. See here for a bit more info.

However, if you just want to redo it to do it - go for it! Things will have changed quite a bit but you will also have changed quite a bit so dont worry! I went back to study after 14 years away from it and what struck me most was that my ability to learn and understand had not changed at all, but my ability to get distracted was lessened! So its all good!

best of luck!

Advertisement