Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealz - Haribo (suitable for Vegetarians)

Options
  • 18-12-2013 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

This is an odd one. I was browsing Dealz a week or two back and at least one of the Haribo sweet varieties below had no Vegetarian symbol. I visited yesterday and the same sweets had the, 'Suitable for Vegetarians' symbol on the packaging.

Pectin seems to have replaced the various animal based gelatins.. There's also a mention of 'wax' and various oils. I couldn't see any other Haribo products, other than those that I've featured.

Just a heads up. Nice to have the choice. Photos taken in Dealz, Bloomfields Shopping Centre, Dún Laoghaire, South County dublin.

wx5e.jpg

tfy3.jpg

eu1g.jpg

qrll.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Awesome, I knew haribo did have a veggie range I've just never seen them in Ireland, I guess they're extending the range.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

stawbs are in tesco too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Haribo Rainbow Twists.

Back in stock.. Dún Laoghaire Dealz (Bloomfields shopping centre), photo taken this morning.

IMG_20140414_183230.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's funny how companies make the same products with different ingredients depending on their target country... for instance, Haribo Liquorice Wheels have always been gelatine-free in countries like Italy (Germany too, if I'm not mistaken) - they use pectin, or even wheat starch instead. The only problem with that is that you have to keep checking all the ingredients just to make sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

This Easter instead of getting the kids eggs my aunt got them an assortment of veggie jellies from M&S. Sweet of her, I was touched.

Jeez my photos are huge! No idea how to change that sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

I hope I can see some veggie Tangfastics soon! I absolutely love the stuff, there's been a few instances in the past where I helped myself to one or two... :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I just remembered something... A couple of years ago I bought some AMAZING fizzy cola bottle which were completely gelatine free, and suitable for vegetarians. They were made by this company: http://goodygoodstuff.com/en/ and I got them in Holland and Barretts (they've since stopped stocking them, more's the pity!). Anyway, I'm not sure if you can still get them in Ireland, but they're based in the UK, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get them.

Advertisement