Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobbridge Query and one other

Options
  • 18-12-2013 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just some quick questions that I want to ask here before I ask in the office. I'm thinking of applying to some internships since it seems there are a few interesting ones. I am aware of all the problems associated with this scheme. My first payment was on 15th Oct 2013, but it was paid from 6th September 2013 (so it says 'which will be paid from 6th September'). I am unsure if that means I have been signing on from the 6th September or the 15th October. The first date would put me over the 3 months. The second means I would have 2 more weeks to wait. Not a huge difference, but just not sure whether to hold off. Anyone know what counts as the official date?

Secondly I am hoping to maybe ask to sign up for a different course than the one offered me at Obair. On reflection I agreed to the first one a little too quickly. Do you think this would be a big deal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

scopper wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just some quick questions that I want to ask here before I ask in the office. I'm thinking of applying to some internships since it seems there are a few interesting ones. I am aware of all the problems associated with this scheme. My first payment was on 15th Oct 2013, but it was paid from 6th September 2013 (so it says 'which will be paid from 6th September'). I am unsure if that means I have been signing on from the 6th September or the 15th October. The first date would put me over the 3 months. The second means I would have 2 more weeks to wait. Not a huge difference, but just not sure whether to hold off. Anyone know what counts as the official date?

Secondly I am hoping to maybe ask to sign up for a different course than the one offered me at Obair. On reflection I agreed to the first one a little too quickly. Do you think this would be a big deal?

They may get a little tetchy if you cancel on a course, particularly with little notice - I saw it on the staff side when someone just didn't show up to a course, and this was very much frowned upon. There was voice mails left and mention of affecting payment. However this was a no show, rather than advanced notice of change of mind. Basically I think if you affect someone else's chance of a place and appear not to give a toss, that's obviously bad buzz, and may cause issue.
    I reckon however if you are sound about it and are honest and just explain about the other course, with some notice there will be no problems. I hope it works out for you anyway and best of luck! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Thanks, the course begins in Feb so I think there would be time to let someone else take a place. Plus the other course is in the same centre. I'd never dream of just not turning up. I'll send an email and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Sorry for hijacking the thread but maybe somebody can offer me advice. Can you be put on a Jobsbridge scheme if you are working part time. When handing in my x and o's last week i told them i will more than likely be finished at Christmas but i could be kept on. This morning i got two letters too apply for two different Jobsbrige schemes the letters came from the DSP. I told them i am working part time and their is a chance i could be kept on after Christmas. So she took my name off the list for now and told me to let them know if i am left go.

But i thought you have to be in recipt of JSA for a few months before you can take up a Jobsbridge. I have no problem taking one of these jobs if they can help my finance degree but they are not relevant at all. So main question is can you go straight into a Jobsbridge scheme or do you have to be claiming full social welfare payments for a certain time.

Advertisement