Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet security

Options
  • 18-12-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭

Hi

I purchased a samsung galaxy s3 mini a couple of weeks ago and use the internet quite a bit.

My question is should I install some type of security on the phone and whats the best product to use?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

What kinda security? Antivirus or location software in case of lost/stolen.

Antivirus really isn't needed as long as your careful about the apps you install. Check out the app and developer 1st, especially inthe case of games since Chinese apps get thrown up with popular names a lot.
    If you still want one, I'd recommend avast. Heard good things about it

For location etc you've plenty of options life Google device manager, Cerberus and lookout. All would do the job nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭sonic85

What kinda security? Antivirus or location software in case of lost/stolen.

Antivirus really isn't needed as long as your careful about the apps you install. Check out the app and developer 1st, especially inthe case of games since Chinese apps get thrown up with popular names a lot.
    If you still want one, I'd recommend avast. Heard good things about it

For location etc you've plenty of options life Google device manager, Cerberus and lookout. All would do the job nicely

Was thinking antivirus - id just be worried about picking up something while online.

Ill have a look at avast - thanks very much for the suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

sonic85 wrote: »
    Hi

I purchased a samsung galaxy s3 mini a couple of weeks ago and use the internet quite a bit.

My question is should I install some type of security on the phone and whats the best product to use?

Thanks

Avg app- play store- free / well reviewed

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Faz6r

Avg app- play store- free / well reviewed

+1 for the avg, it has a free version or paid without the ads
    it has a task killer, and paid version lets you see through the camera via laptop
    google location service will also tell you your phones location if you misplace it

Advertisement