Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start-up Ideas

Options
  • 17-12-2013 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I am a mechanical engineer with a number of years experience in industry. I've worked as an R+D and Design engineer in the past for a (relatively) small company and got a kick out of the creative and business side of the job. Working for a large multinational now in a Manufacturing position and miss some of the more "entrepreneurial" aspects of a small company!

I have been kicking around a few business and product ideas for a while now and have worked on a small pre-startup team of product design guys (friends from college).

I would love to meet up with similar minded people with a view to going through ideas, talk start ups, share skills, maybe invest a few quid seed money if things went well...

Does any know of any groups like this? Or anyone interested in same around the Galway City or County areas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

04648552 wrote: »
    Hi, I am a mechanical engineer with a number of years experience in industry. I've worked as an R+D and Design engineer in the past for a (relatively) small company and got a kick out of the creative and business side of the job. Working for a large multinational now in a Manufacturing position and miss some of the more "entrepreneurial" aspects of a small company!

I have been kicking around a few business and product ideas for a while now and have worked on a small pre-startup team of product design guys (friends from college).

I would love to meet up with similar minded people with a view to going through ideas, talk start ups, share skills, maybe invest a few quid seed money if things went well...

Does any know of any groups like this? Or anyone interested in same around the Galway City or County areas?

Just want to say, if you are currently employed, its a common clause that any idea, invention, method of doing something unique becomes the property of the company you are working for. Even if you leave and they can prove you worked on the idea whilst still in their employment you could end up in court over it. Just be really careful as some brilliant ideas have been snatched from the creators hands by such clauses in contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 04648552

Thanks ironclaw. Good advice.

I was actually contracting with the multinational until recently which, although not clear cut, makes branching out easier.

Any discussion would have to be fairly informal regarding business ideas.

I've got one or two PMs about this so I guess I'm not the only one.

Thanks for the feedback, more info to follow

Advertisement