Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a dream....

Options
  • 17-12-2013 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

....to build a castle :P.

I've been thinking about getting a bit of Lego together over the next while and building a big enough castle (nothing massive, mind), something akin to Helm's Deep from LOTR. Would anyone be able to direct me as to where I might purchase the stuff I might need - i.e. a big box of grey lego bricks :D. I see grey baseplates on Amazon but nothing else really. Also, is there anywhere I might look for help/tips in building something from scratch?

This could be a pipe dream, but I thought I'd ask anyway! Would love to be able to flute around with a bit of lego on Christmas Day :) Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Bricklink.com should be your place, do a search on this forum someone put up a how to guide on ordering from it, I've used it a number of times and highly recommend it.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think that you Would better off going super modifying first.
    Get an official Helps Deep set and then get extra bricks to make it bigger and more detailed. There are amazing mocs, which started off like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Bricklink.com should be your place, do a search on this forum someone put up a how to guide on ordering from it, I've used it a number of times and highly recommend it.

Thanks man, I'll give it a good look this evening when I get home :)
    I think that you Would better off going super modifying first.
    Get an official Helps Deep set and then get extra bricks to make it bigger and more detailed. There are amazing mocs, which started off like that.

I agree, was just thinking that after I posted - I'll get that one maybe over the hols, then build it - thanks! :)

Advertisement