Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem contacting irish lifting?

Options
  • 17-12-2013 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Anyone else have a problem contacting irish lifting? I made an order on Sunday 8th and found out yesterday they didnt get it in even though the website said in stock. I was told yesterday to call back today and have been attempting to call but no answer every time. Also doesnt help that its for christmas so its quite urgent. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭fungie

EGN123 wrote: »
    Anyone else have a problem contacting irish lifting? I made an order on Sunday 8th and found out yesterday they didnt get it in even though the website said in stock. I was told yesterday to call back today and have been attempting to call but no answer every time. Also doesnt help that its for christmas so its quite urgent. Anyone else have a similar problem?

It seems to be a terrible company. A few months ago I wanted to buy something off it. I rang the number and he said come up to him and he'd sort me out, anyway I drove up there which isn't a short drive for me and he never showed up and wouldn't answer the phone to me. Wasted my time. Id avoid this place at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

I know this thread is ancient but are these lads still operating? I have tried contacting them but got no response. I don't want to order weights until they come in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

hadoken13 wrote: »
    I know this thread is ancient but are these lads still operating? I have tried contacting them but got no response. I don't want to order weights until they come in stock.

I'd go elsewhere there hav been numerous threads like this one, steer clear

• Registered Users Posts: 31 artengo

Just for a bit of balance.
    The company was in different hands for a couple of years and they were a disaster to deal with. I bought off them and the "order was stuck in China but will be in tomorrow" every time I called.
    The original owner came back and seems to have fixed the problems. Some of the complaints here even turned out to be unwarranted.
    I wouldn't lose all patience with them quite yet. The owner posts here as Mick, Mickk or some variation and usually answers any complaints. Give him another couple of days.

artengo wrote: »
    Just for a bit of balance.
    The company was in different hands for a couple of years and they were a disaster to deal with. I bought off them and the "order was stuck in China but will be in tomorrow" every time I called.
    The original owner came back and seems to have fixed the problems. Some of the complaints here even turned out to be unwarranted.
    I wouldn't lose all patience with them quite yet. The owner posts here as Mick, Mickk or some variation and usually answers any complaints. Give him another couple of days.

I am starting to believe the other poster now, still nothing and it's been over two weeks. I couldn't see myself buying anything from this crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 artengo

At this stage I'd agree with you.
    I'm surprised he didn't get back to you.

Finally got a response from them - I wonder did someone on here contact Mick?

I have placed an order, I'll see how long it takes to deliver considering the items are in stock.

Placed the order yesterday and it arrived today - now that's quick. If they could sort out their customer service they'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 igesio

Irish lifting got themselves sorted. I bought two 20kg plates not so long ago and they arrived 2 days later. They had problems in the past as they couldn't keep up with all the customers after buying the company from Mick.

igesio wrote: »
    Irish lifting got themselves sorted. I bought two 20kg plates not so long ago and they arrived 2 days later. They had problems in the past as they couldn't keep up with all the customers after buying the company from Mick.

Ye but their customer service is crap. Very poor response times - over a week is just not good enough for an online business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Have to say I had a very good experience with them. Rang them Monday. Arranged to pick up equipment Friday. Done with no hassle. Very happy with them.

Don't know why I ordered from this shower again. Placed order on 31/12, credit card was debited and I said I'd wait a few weeks to allow them to gather the order. Rang last Saturday week, got through to someone who said they weren't in the office and they'd call me back but never did. Now the number on the site just gives a non-responsive dial tone. If I don't get a reply by the weekend I'll be cancelling the credit card payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Out of curiosity

What did you order?

Jarren wrote: »
    Out of curiosity

What did you order?

Just some plates - Olympic and standard.

Advertisement