Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rent allowance form - income of other residents

Options
  • 17-12-2013 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm employed and rent a room in a house from a landlord. Another guy that lives here needs to apply for rent allowance and he has asked me for my pps and weekly income to complete the form.

I don't want to see him stuck, but I also don't want to go sharing my pps and income with him as we don't really know each other and it's my business.

Is there any way around this? If I dont give him the details will it be a problem for him? I was thinking that I could write a note with my phone number explaining that we have no relationship and if they need the info they can call me.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

If you are both renting your own rooms then tell him to see the landlord about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

The form says "please state who else lives with you" it then asks for name, relationship, pps and gross salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

djk1000 wrote: »
    The form says "please state who else lives with you" it then asks for name, relationship, pps and gross salary.

Don't worry, I lived with my friends before and 1 of them was on the dole and had to get RS. He only put our names, and a stab at our incomes, no pps number and he was still approved.

Advertisement