Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 soft bricked (in odin mode)

Options
  • 17-12-2013 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

Hi all, so I tried to downgrade from 4.3 to 4.2.2 using the official method and using Meteor's firmware however it failed during the process.

Kies3 nor Kies will recognise the phone to allow it to be recovered.

I can go to download mode for odin.

My current screen tells me "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try again."

So my question is that I think I'll need to get an unofficial rom to get my phone into a proper state. Then use kies to recover back to the original rom. Will this void my warranty? Or will they simply be not able to tell that an unofficial rom when onto it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

If a tech is savvy enough he will know that it has been flashed with an unofficial ROM. Samsung have helpfully put a little ! in the top left of the startup screen.

Use a program from Chainfire called 'Triangle Away' and your woes will be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Samsung told me that I have voided my warranty by downgrading from 4.3 to 4.2.2 because 4.3 has knox on it and 4.2.2 doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Sniipe wrote: »
    Samsung told me that I have voided my warranty by downgrading from 4.3 to 4.2.2 because 4.3 has knox on it and 4.2.2 doesn't.

Interesting XDA thread on knox on the s4...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2447832

Advertisement