Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity benefit query

Options
  • 17-12-2013 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am due to take maternity leave on 7/1/14. When I applied I was working part time and partner was on jobseekers and we have 1 child. Due to being in and out of hospital I am on sick leave but not receiving illness benefit money (if I was to receive IB it worked out as €98 per week, or I could go on partners JB as a qualifies adult for €124) we obviously chose the qualified adult route.
    I still send in my Certs to IB every week for prsi credits.
    Am I now entitled to Maternity Benefit if I am a qualified adult on a Jobseekers claim? Will my claim be refused outright or do they give you option to come off as IQA on JB or get half rate Maternity?
    Anyone have experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Once you are still employed you may still be eligible, apply as soon as possible so they can get back to you with an answer. Dont forget to give the dole office notice that you are transferring to mat benefit so they can cancel you QAD claim.

Advertisement