Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a photographer and model

Options
  • 17-12-2013 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, in the new year I will be looking for a photographer and a model for some product photography. Just for some jewellery shots. I don't have a clue about how to organise this at all! If anyone has any advice or can help I would be so grateful. I'm not necessarily looking for photographers with tons of experience or a huge portfolio, I would love to support students of photography perhaps?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

What sort of jewellery? All types?

What is your budget for this?

Where in the country are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

I have exactly the same questions as Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Assuming you aren't going for your local pro photographer - try a post here - that should get you the photographer sorted.

For a model, try folio32 or model mayhem. Folio32 is 95%+ Irish based, while with model mayhem you will need to filter your search.

If interested in hair or make up artist (MUA), try folio32 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Is Folio32 still going? I've been banned for over a year - something I thought was a technical issue as I never did anything bold on that site and I believe many others also were suddenly banned.

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    Is Folio32 still going? I've been banned for over a year - something I thought was a technical issue as I never did anything bold on that site and I believe many others also were suddenly banned.

Yikes. Looks like you are correct. It says i'm banned too but that's without signing in so just a general error. They have a facebook page still active. maybe they moved it over there in preference. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ellenranger

The budget will be confirmed in the new year, I am based in Cavan and I am mainly concentrating on gemstone bracelets and mala.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ellenranger

Thank you so much for your advice thus far guys!

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Yikes. Looks like you are correct. It says i'm banned too but that's without signing in so just a general error. They have a facebook page still active. maybe they moved it over there in preference. :/

Actually nope, I can log in fine now that i'm at home. Its still alive and well.

I think they may be doing some weird ip based banning default.

Meh..............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Actually nope, I can log in fine now that i'm at home. Its still alive and well.

I think they may be doing some weird ip based banning default.

Meh..............

Hmmm...So can I :confused:

First time in ages. Still can't get in on my mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Ellenranger I'd be interested in doing this. I'm based in Wicklow though but we may be able to sort something. I have full mobile studio kit and can arrange model(s) . Drop me a PM with more info.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Rudy Jakma

I was banned for a while, then it seemed I was in the good books again because suddenly I was able to log on.
    But now it seems Folio32 has disappeared from cyberspace altogether.
    Anyone knows?

seems to be a dead server/website. the domain is registered and valid until 2015 and there is a dns entry showing for the website.

It appears to be registered to paul crawford. Perhaps try dropping him a line - http://paulcrawford.co.uk/contact/

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

everyone on my facebook feed likes posing #nomakeupselfieforcancer all day. But most professional photographers work for money, if your looking for a tfp photographer,who more than likely will be an amateur (and maybe a great one at that) your best joining one of the facebook model groups

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

pvcstuff wrote: »
    Hi, i am a convincing crossdresser

Male to female or female to male?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Farmlife wrote: »
    everyone on my facebook feed likes posing #nomakeupselfieforcancer all day. But most professional photographers work for money, if your looking for a tfp photographer,who more than likely will be an amateur (and maybe a great one at that) your best joining one of the facebook model groups

477fbb466b09f012a0a73cc465d39ad1db1934e6f9132a89e52d75bdcbb252ca.jpg

Advertisement