Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgently need advice on what to do?

Options
  • 17-12-2013 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, just looking for some quick advice, basically i was employed part time for nealry 2 years and was filling out casual(x's and O's) dockets. I lost my job and went on full time Jobseekers Allowance for a couple of months(no more than 3) and now have been offered a job at exactly 20hours a week working 4 hours a day 5 days a week. Now i know im not eligible for casual benefit(i will be working more than 4 days per week but am i entitled to anything as ill only earn 20 hours worth of wages. I have looked at the part-time job incentive but do i have to be fully unemployed for the last year for that. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Is there any way your employer could allow you to work the 20 hours over 3 days? That, to me, seems to be the only way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 deanopride1

Hi Kristopherus, sadly the contract is only for 4 hours a day, five days a week. Its works at at me being paid the same as the social. Surely they have something for people who do the acquired hours but not the days. So if i crammed 20 hours in two shifts id get 3 days help but if i do 5 days i get nothing, there has to be something surely

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Hi Kristopherus, sadly the contract is only for 4 hours a day, five days a week. Its works at at me being paid the same as the social. Surely they have something for people who do the acquired hours but not the days. So if i crammed 20 hours in two shifts id get 3 days help but if i do 5 days i get nothing, there has to be something surely

There is another scheme that allows you to claim some benefit when working part time over 5 days. However you may not be entitled to it as you need to be long term unemployed, ask your local welfare office if you have been unemployed for enough days. I think it is called the Part Time Work Incentive Scheme. (The local office should know the name).

Depending on your circumstance you maybe entitled to Family Income Supplement (for those on low wages, it only relates to people with families).

When you are on casual dockets your days all add up for Jobseeker's Allowance days. Also if you are on Jobseeker's Benefit you cannot get the part-time work incentive scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 deanopride1

Elmo wrote: »
    There is another scheme that allows you to claim some benefit when working part time over 5 days. However you may not be entitled to it as you need to be long term unemployed, ask your local welfare office if you have been unemployed for enough days. I think it is called the Part Time Work Incentive Scheme. (The local office should know the name).

Depending on your circumstance you maybe entitled to Family Income Supplement (for those on low wages, it only relates to people with families).

When you are on casual dockets your days all add up for Jobseeker's Allowance days. Also if you are on Jobseeker's Benefit you cannot get the part-time work incentive scheme.
    Hi Elmo, thanks for the advice, i dont have a family so that one is out however i was on casual for over 2 years and am currently on Jobseekers Allowance, do you think i would have a chance at Part time incentive scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Hi Elmo, thanks for the advice, i dont have a family so that one is out however i was on casual for over 2 years and am currently on Jobseekers Allowance, do you think i would have a chance at Part time incentive scheme

You might you'll need to go to the welfare office they will take a look at how many days you have claimed for and make a decision.

Has your employer looked at jobsplus scheme. (They'll have to employee you full time but welfare give them back 7500 for they year)

• Advertisement
Advertisement