Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping to OL Irish with 7 other HL subjects

Options
  • 17-12-2013 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys, so right I'm in 5th year and I've gotten my Christmas tests back today. Got 56% in Irish. That's 2% off a D and that's really worrying me.. I got a B in HL JC with little to no work (but I didn't study study for anything and got A/Bs).

My question is: is it worth putting in the work and then probably getting a low B in the real thing or would I be better off dropping to pass because I know for a fact I won't be using it for points? Like the ONLY reason I'm in HL is because I love the language and I'm doing 7 other HL subjects (English, Maths, French, Chemistry, Physics, Music, Russian) and aiming for 520 points. So technically I would be probably better off not wasting precious time on Irish. Help? ..Anyone? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,156 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please don't base your expectations for Leaving Cert. on what happened at Junior Cert.. They are entirely different exams, marked in an entirely different way.

Advertisement