Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

body hair and swimming

Options
  • 16-12-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Wanted to go anon for this:

I have a fair amount of body hair, shoulders,back and chest. I also want to try and get in better shape, and i was advised that swimming is good.
    I am almost 100% noob to swimming in gym pools, anyone have any experience of public pools and being embarrassed by body hair ? Am i getting worried over nothing?

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,569 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭hypersonic

your hair will trap air bubble so you can swim faster just like a penguin. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Maybe you should give shaving a go, at least once? I don't think hair will stop growing, so it will grow back.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

mate, i'm one step removed from a gorilla.. you'll be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

OP - you have nothing to worry about. You'll see people at the pool of all shapes and sizes, and with varying amounts of body hair...

I'm quite hairy all over, myself (well, except my head :D) and I don't let it stop me!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,569 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement