Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers and CE Scheme

Options
  • 16-12-2013 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just wondering if anyone can help me calculate payments before I tear my hair out!

I am currently on a CE Scheme earning €208 per week. For four months I've had another job for two days a week earning €230 gross weekly but my contract finishes tomorrow and won't be renewed.

My DH has been unemployed since June and currently receives €310 per week JSB. He received a letter today saying his JSB was coming to an end and to complete a form to assess eligibility for JSA. We have two dependant children. We have already negotiated our Mortgage payments and have reduced them to €765 per month which we are struggling to pay and I dread to think what we'll do when we're down the €230 from my second job.

Can anyone help me to calculate if my husband is eligible for JSA and if so, what the amount will be.

Both of us are actively looking for a full time job but all my DH has been offered so far are zero contract positions which with two small kids are too risky to accept but he may have no choice soon.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Right its 188 plus 124.60 for both of you. 29.80 for each of the kids. That would be 372.20. 60 percent of your earnings are taken into account which would be 138. So your husband would get 234.80. With you working your weekly income would be 464.80. If both of you are at home its 372.20.

Advertisement