Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN Providers In Dublin

Options
  • 16-12-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

Hello.

I was wondering if someone had a list of ISDN providers for Dublin 1? I have been searching online but many companies no longer exist and the results coming back really need to be updated.

This is for an enterprise environment and needs to be business quality with a proper SLA.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Eircom are probably your best bet.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Any landline provider will do ISDN, some do better customer care than others. Personally I would stay clear of Eircom.

Digiweb do give direct contacts / mobile numbers and a 24/7 NOC for example so may be something to consider. Shop around and see which provider auita you best. They all resell ISDN of which is installed by Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

We currently have Eircom and although the service isn't bad their SLA is not so good.

I have been doing some shopping around though and have found beside UPC there is EU Networks and IPTEL.CO.

EU networks like UPC do ISDN on their own and can even drop it over fibre or SIP which is dead handy as well.

Thanks again for the responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Why would you want ISDN?
    just curious

Why would you want ISDN?
    just curious

I would imagine some equipment is not compatible with other types of lines. E.g. Phone systems

It is often used because of quality, such as voiceovers which often use ISDN. Though VoIP in HD would be just as good, if not better.

• Advertisement

ISDN makes a good back-up for VoIP. It's hard to automate SIP to SIP failovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

Aren't you stuck with Eircom unless you can get one of the other providers to put in cabling? I didn't think that there last mile copper was available for 3rd party ISDN?

Aren't you stuck with Eircom unless you can get one of the other providers to put in cabling? I didn't think that there last mile copper was available for 3rd party ISDN?

You should be able to port to another provider. You are still on Eircom's network as such.

Providers such as UPC or Smart Telecom use their own Fibre network, thus an alternative to the ISDN provided through the telephone network.

CptSternn wrote: »
    ISDN makes a good back-up for VoIP. It's hard to automate SIP to SIP failovers.

Hmm I agree, Having some ISDN lines is a good failover if SIP goes down.

Just an update -

We went with UPC. They offer ISDN over fibre which is brilliant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement