Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks to the forum

Options
  • 16-12-2013 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all, To date, I have been a silent follower of the forum. I have read the contributions from the members with interest and all the while pursued the search for my birth mother. In october out of the blue I got a call from the AAI informing me of a match on the database. I have since met my BM in an emotional reunion. I have achieved that strange peace inside that seems to happen when a reunion takes place.

I would to thank the members of the forum for their contributions that provided me with strength and guidance. And also to the AAI who provide a wonderful "pack" of information for those facing into the period of reunion.

It is a seriously emotional time, so if I have one piece of advise for anyone lucky enough to make contact then it is not to underestimate the emotions that will be stirred. It helps to have someone to talk to about what you are going through.

I wish all members the best in their search.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭180567

Glad to hear everything worked out well for your search. Thanks for sharing your story.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That is very nice to hear:)

I need to go back and get a move on with my search,the more kids I have the more I miss not knowing where I came from.

Advertisement