Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily scam - Daft

Options
  • 15-12-2013 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Daft is now daily targeted by scam:

26th Nov. >>>> Apt. 24 Castlegate, Lord Edward Street , Temple Ba, Dublin 2

30th Nov. >>>> 12 Fortlands, Herbert Avenue, , Dublin 4

3rd Dec. >>>> Apt 8 Copebridge House, Spencer Dock, , Dublin 1

7th Dec. >>>> 33 Mountjoy Square, , Dublin 1

7th Dec. >>>> 35 Liberty Corner, Foley Street, Talbot Street, Du, Dublin 1

10th Dec. >>>> 18 Temple Court, Lr Dominick Street, , Dublin 1

12th Dec. >>>> 207 Tuskar Rock, Custom House Harbour, IFSC, , Dublin 1

13th Dec. >>>> 13 The Millhouse, The Steelworks, , Dublin 1

13th Dec. >>>> 15 Morrisons House, Morrisons Island, Cork

15th Dec. >>>> 42 Custom Hall, Gardiner Street, Dublin 1

Hello,

First of all, I want to tell you that this apartment is very special to me .... it was my gift for my son when he came to study in Dublin as he didn't want to study home, in London/Uk. Fate, made him suddenly leave us due a motorcycle accident during this summer holiday and I'm looking for a person that will appreciate my financial efforts, because we invested a lot of money to arrange the apartment and besides the financial aspect, the apartment has enormous sentimental value for us. I intend to rent the apartment for a period of up to 5 years, because I have a daughter who will also study in Dublin and will stay in this apartment. The apartment is fully furnished and equipped, very well cared and I ask a monthly rent of € 500 including all utilities (water, electricity, gas + heating, cable TV + internet, water, garbage).
    I opted for electronic invoices to all utilities and every month the bills will be paid from my account. I ask a refundable deposit of € 1000 ( rent for 1 month + security deposit ), but you must notice me at least one month prior moving from apartment and to take care of the apartment.
    I've chosen you randomly from a lot of tenants that I have for this apartment and I hope I have made the right choice. If you are interested, just write me a e-mail to fix the details.

With friendly greetings from United Kingdom

Hello,

If we decide to proceed with this transaction, I will have to contact http://remax.com and provide them all the necessary information, so they can start the process right away.
    I will need your full name and address for that.
    You will receive a notification from REMAX after that with all the instructions to follow and the invoice as well.
    Regarding the payment, you will be instructed to pay the money for the deposit ( first month at rent+ security deposit 1000 EURO) to a REMAX Agent.
    They will hold and insure your money until you will inspect and check the apartment and decide if you want to rent it or not.
    This is how their tenant protection policy works.
    As far as my concerns, I will be glad to know that REMAX has the possession of the money during the delivery period.
    This is my assurance.
    As soon as the funds have been deposited into their account, they will immediately start the shipping process. The keys and the rental contract will be delivered to your address in maximum 48 hours and a REMAX agent will be instructed to inspect the apartment with you at the inspection date and time. You will have 10 days inspection period from the day you receive the keys. If you decide to rent the apartment, then you will have to authorize REMAX to release the funds to me, and the transaction will be completed.
    If you will not be satisfied with the apartment, you will only have to ask REMAX agent to return the funds to you (will receive the full amount back in cash in no more than 24 hours) and they will handle the return process for the keys.
    Though I am sure you will love the apartment , it is good to know that you do have this second option available. If you wish to proceed with rent the apartment like this, please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the shipping transaction through REMAX right away. Now I will need your full name and address to provide the details to the REMAX Rental agency. You will receive a notification from REMAX shortly after that, with all the instructions.
    Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards
    Hello,

I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in : 12 Fortlands, Herbert Avenue, Dublin 4, Dublin, Ireland. It has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms, 1 kitchen and 1 living room. I bought this apartment for my daughter during her studies in Dublin, but now she's back home (London/UK) permanently, so I'm renting the place for unlimited time.
    Before we go any further I would like to know a little something about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the apartment, and for how long.
    The flat is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished and renovated. Also, very important, the utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spots, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are INCLUDED in the price of 600euro/month. "security deposit" is also 600euro, and you get it back, when you decide to leave the apartment (you will have to give me at least 30 days notice). As for me, you can rest assured that I will never ask you to leave the apartment. My daughter is building her life here, and i am too old to move to Dublin, so we won't disturb you.
    You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you will have access to a very large and well ventilated cellar, where you can store my furniture.
    Now, a little bit about myself so we can get to know each other better. My name is Rebeka Lacets and I'm a 58 years old Neuro-Oncology doctor from London/UK, planning to retire in the next 2 years.
    I have a lovely husband, Barton and a 25 year old daughter, Marlene. I am very proud to say that soon I'm going to be a grandmother. Another member of our family is a 8 year old Labrador which we all love, so, I have no problem if you will keep pets.
    The only inconvenience is that my job doesn't allow me to leave London even for one single day. We just hired some new staff and I'm in charge of their training.
    But this won't affect you at all. I can make arrangements to rent the apartment from London/UK (on my expense of course).

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

All the best from London!
    Hello,

If we decide to proceed with this transaction, I will have to contact http://auctigo.com and provide them all the necessary information, so they can start the process right away.
    I will need your full name and address for that.
    You will receive a notification from Auctigo after that with all the instructions to follow and the invoice as well.
    Regarding the payment, you will be instructed to pay the money for the deposit ( first month at rent 500 EURO) to a Auctigo Agent.
    They will hold and insure your money until you will inspect and check the apartment and decide if you want to rent it or not.
    This is how their tenant protection policy works.
    As far as my concerns, I will be glad to know that Auctigo has the possession of the money during the delivery period.
    This is my assurance.
    As soon as the funds have been deposited into their account, they will immediately start the shipping process. The keys and the rental contract will be delivered to your address in maximum 48 hours and a Auctigo agent will be instructed to inspect the apartment with you at the inspection date and time. You will have 10 days inspection period from the day you receive the keys. If you decide to rent the apartment, then you will have to authorize Auctigo to release the funds to me, and the transaction will be completed.
    If you will not be satisfied with the apartment, you will only have to ask Auctigo agent to return the funds to you (will receive the full amount back in cash in no more than 24 hours) and they will handle the return process for the keys.
    Though I am sure you will love the apartment , it is good to know that you do have this second option available. If you wish to proceed with rent the apartment like this, please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the shipping transaction through Auctigo right away. Now I will need your full name and address to provide the details to the Auctigo Rental agency. You will receive a notification from Auctigo shortly after that, with all the instructions.
    Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards

How does it come Daft cannot investigate the matter?
    based on credit card details when placing the ad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

Draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

erm..what?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Grobigro wrote: »
    How does it come Daft cannot investigate the matter?
    based on credit card details when placing the ad

Maybe they use different credit cards.
    Report the ads and Daft will act on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Grobigro

another scam - Daft

Letting

8th Jan >>>> 3 Erne Street Lower Dublin, Ireland, Dublin 2, Dublin City Centre

Hello,

Thanks for the mailing and interest shown. Let me take time to tell you more about the flat and myself.

About the flat:

The apartment has 1 bedroom, one bathroom, one large Living room and a kitchen.

The flat is well equipped, everything was in working order, and there are good grocery stores within walking distance.

The flat seemed very secure, with a keyed entrance into the building.
    You'll need to bring your own soap, shampoo and conditioner, The washer works well and there are drying racks. Just remember it might take a while for jeans to dry. Washing powder and dish washing liquid were provided.

Internet connections were great--very fast, secure and we had no problems with it.

Details:
    Require rent deposit: One month rent deposit of 450 EUR
    Security Deposit: 700 EUR
    Available now for short and long term.
    - all inclusive - heat, electricity, wireless internet, in-suite laundry, and basic
    - No shoes/take off shoes in the unit
    - High-speed fiber internet. (but no cable for TV, we could add TV-cable service with a few extra expense)

-Price includes high speed internet. hydro, water, heat.
    Weekly or monthly rates available and Length of Stay Negotiable
    -Asking 450 EUR for one person or 700 EUR for a couples

About me:

My name is Woods Walter, I am a British citizen who have been living in Dublin since 2005, I'm in my late fifties, I work with BMW Autos,UK as a Corporate Sales officer. I was transferred to Dublin in 2005 to oversee the corporate sales of the company in Dublin. I will be embarking on trip to Staffordshire, UK which will last for about one year upward in order to pursue my retirement claim, I just need someone (Students or Anybody working in a reputable organisation to rent the flat) with an open heart,love and clean to occupy it and put all my worries off concerning the maintenance of the house, Since I am not residing there for now. I left behind some facilities and electronics and a Sony DVD player, air conditioning, alarm system. The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils, a refrigerator-freezer, four-hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine, My computer is connected with internet access. Also I will like you to know that the rent charges is not really the issue, but your absolute maintenance of my apartment, because that is the only valuable property I have in Dublin, and it also took me so much time and money to put all those facilities in place.

So if you are interested in renting the flat, kindly get back to me by filling me with below details for me to prepare a lease agreement for you and for registration.

*Your Full Name:
    *Your Full Address:
    *Your E-mail:
    *Phone Number:
    *Age?:
    *Are you married?:
    *Do you have a pet?:
    *Do you have a car?:
    *Occupation?:
    *The picture of the Tenant Renting the house? (If available):
    *Exact move in date:
    *Exact move out date (If known):

HERE IS THE HOUSE ADDRESS.
    LOCATION & AREA

3, Erne Street Lower,
    Dublin,
    Co. Dublin,
    Ireland.

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that I can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you. Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you, please am giving you all this base on trust, you know that, we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand, so please do not let me down on this property and God bless you more as you do this.

Regards

Woods Walter

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Grobigro can you please report the ads on daft. Posting the text of the ad here is a waste of time as noone here can do anything about it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement