Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red dress for Office party: what colour of tights/shoes?

Options
  • 15-12-2013 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Dear all,

I'll be attending my work Christmas party (which is fairly relaxed and girls often wear pretty shinny /OTT outfits) and I'll be wearing a dark red dress that looks more or less like this one (but with the hemline on my knees):

http://www.myntra.com/dresses/the-vanca/the-vanca-women-black-and-red-lace-dress/104208/buy

Questions:

- What colour of tights should I wear with them? Black or dark red?
    I was tempted to go with dark red tights and red shoes to keep it all to one colour (elongates figures etc) but I think it's too much, isn't it?
    But wouldn't it be too much of a contrast and bit "gothic" pairing the dress with black tights and black shoes?

- Would either a red or a black stiletto look good with this style of dress?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Black tights and shoes imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yup, black!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Maga

Thank you very much!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

For me, nude/sheer tights. I'm normally a fan of black, but in this case you're going to a Christmas party, and nude legs will look better (dark/red tights will look like a child's Christmas party). Classic black heels or possibly metallic dark red.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Nude tights or sheer black tights (silky 40 den max). Black heels.

I think matching the colour of dress with shoes does not work. Usually you can't get perfect match and then it just looks wrong. Black is the most slimming and if you want to elongate your legs go for a stiletto and avoid any shoe boots or straps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

Yeah definitely black, red would be a bit overpowering. Never underestimate the power of black tights ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Maga

Thank you very much for your replies and suggestions, I really appreciate it!

Wow, I was totally unaware of the "children" effect when wearing thicker black tights, but now that you said it I remember girls in Spain saying the same, that the likes of tights 60 den and above looked like child clothes to them.

And here I was thinking I was so sexy with my black glossy 60 den tights! Oops! :)

Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thick black tights are great during the day, and for regular wear. But not really for night time wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

personally for christmas party night with a dress to my knee i wouldnt wear tights. I think the dress would look great with either no tights or with nude colour tights and black shoes.

also if you are dancing and that those thick black tights on you they can get very warm! The finer nude ones would not cause that problem

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I wore nude tights and black shoes with a wine-red dress for my Christmas party. Would only wear black tights during the day with that kind of dress.

• Advertisement
Advertisement