Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Language and Translation Studies

Options
  • 15-12-2013 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello, I plan on studying Japanese and French in Dcu. I was wondering what the timetable was like.

Do you study more French than Japanese as French is an intermediate language.

I'm not sure what is meant by beginner level Japanese, do you develop a high level of the language?

I want to study in Japan in 3rd year, do you get to choose which country you go to ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SaoirseDuggan

Hey, I'm really interested in this course for next year too! Not too sure about your first few questions but I'm pretty sure in the prospectus it says that if you study Japanese or chinese you have to spend your erasmus year in japan or china, obviously depending on which one you study! :) I'm hoping to do French and Spanish! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Niall555 wrote: »
    Do you study more French than Japanese as French is an intermediate language.

I imagine you study relatively the same amount, just the levels being different (i.e Beginner Japanese and Intermediate French). Possibly you might learn more Japanese.
    I'm not sure what is meant by beginner level Japanese, do you develop a high level of the language?

You start from scratch in learning Japanese. You'll develop a high level of the language and your Third Year abroad reinforces that.
    I want to study in Japan in 3rd year, do you get to choose which country you go to ?

If you choose Japanese you have to go to Japan in your third year abroad. Be aware you'll require proof of having €10,000 or more before being able to study abroad in Japan as it's a visa requirement.

Advertisement