Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Gundam Model Kits Online

Options
  • 15-12-2013 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi all, so I've been looking around the web to see where I can buy Gundam model kits. This is the first time I'm buying Gundam model kits online. Usually I buy them in Hong Kong and bring it back because it is much cheaper.

So far I'm planning to get one or two from this Ebay seller(link below). I have considered using hobby link japan but most of their product are in "Backordered" status right now maybe due to Christmas.

http://stores.ebay.ie/j3-hobby?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

So anyone have any experience with hobby link japan or any Gundam model kits Ebay sellers? Anything I need to know about customs, import duties and taxes when I order from them?

Any other suggestions are welcome :)

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Dartz

Try Gundammad.co.uk. They're expensive, but they're UK so no import duty.

Dublin City Comics might have a few kits instock too.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Dartz wrote: »
    Try Gundammad.co.uk. They're expensive, but they're UK so no import duty.

Dublin City Comics might have a few kits instock too.

Thought nobody is going to reply back :P I've looked into Gundammad but most of their stuff seems to be out of stock.

I never knew about Dublin City Comics. Tried to use Google Map's street view but can't seem to find it. Is the shop new? I will head over to Bolton street to have a look tomorrow anyway.

Btw do you have any experience ordering from hlj? I find their shipping price to be quite expensive but in the end it seems to work out about the same with Ebay sellers.

Cheers for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I ordered from hlj, no probs what so ever. Took a few days to ship, but was quick enough delivery considering the distance.

Have a crap load of models on my wishlist, will be ordering off them again in the new year :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Thought nobody is going to reply back :P I've looked into Gundammad but most of their stuff seems to be out of stock.

I never knew about Dublin City Comics. Tried to use Google Map's street view but can't seem to find it. Is the shop new? I will head over to Bolton street to have a look tomorrow anyway.

Btw do you have any experience ordering from hlj? I find their shipping price to be quite expensive but in the end it seems to work out about the same with Ebay sellers.

Cheers for the reply :)
    Dublin City Comics is directly across the road from the college, shouldn't be hard to spot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

I have come across this site its in the uk and they have a Facebook page.
    Japan-cool.co.uk

you could try just doing search's on e-bay, you might get lucky. over the past year I have got a 1/60 wingzero for €59.16 and a 1/60 x-105 strike gundam for €54.04 both including p&p.

• Advertisement

dasa29 wrote: »
    Japan-cool.co.uk

you could try just doing search's on e-bay, you might get lucky. over the past year I have got a 1/60 wingzero for €59.16 and a 1/60 x-105 strike gundam for €54.04 both including p&p.

Cheers just looked through the site, it's pretty cool and seems better than Gundammad in terms of options. But most of the popular items are out of stock(like hlj). So I guess I will wait until the new year to see if they restock :)

Also I went into Dublin City Comics. They only have two MG model in stock it was Gundam Zeta and Sinanju.

ok maybe you should like japan-cool's Facebook page as it is updated when they get a restock and new stuff in.

dasa29 wrote: »
    Japan-cool.co.uk

Out of curiosity did you get charged any duty and VAT ordering from ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I used to get kits from here: http://www.hlj.com/

Never got hit for import duty but that was before they got stricter on that. Their shipping is reasonable and their stock selection and prices are very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

If you're ordering from any Japanese website and send it by EMS you have very, very little chance of getting caught by customs here. I order figures from Japan every month for the last 2 years and the only packages that have I ever gotten charged customs for were the ones sent by the cheaper SAL shipping method.

• Advertisement

Hi Penguinforce I was not charged any duty or vat on the two gundams as they came from sellers based in United Kingdom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 styrax

I thing your best bet would be getting it online from hobbylinkjapan because i've searched everywhere in dublin their used to be a store used to sell them at a high price. But now that store is way long gone now.

Dublin City Comics on Bolton Street has a few Real Grades, a ZZ Gundam MG and a Sinanju MG, and a couple of VF-1's - among other things. I was just there yesterday to pick up the last Perfect Grade RX-178.

They'll order stuff in if you ask them nicely too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 styrax

Didn't know there is one in bolten street may I asked what is the shops name? I might go there this weekend and take a look.

Thanks.

The name is Dublin City Comics.

Advertisement