Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salon utilities

Options
  • 15-12-2013 3:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi,

Was wondering what the utility bills for a salon would be
    electricity, water....anything else

roughly how much per month would go on utilities?

I'm based in London but looking to move back to Ireland next year so just getting a business plan together

if any ones got tips please post them

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

there are really too many variables here to give you a good answer

depending on the site of the shop and the heating system the electricity could be €3-400 a month if not more

water is €2 per 1000 litres

commercial waste could be around €75 a month

rates will depend on the size & location of the salon, I know one in an area that wouldnt be the most fashionable suburb of Dublin being charged around €4000 in rates

You should also watch the nixer culture, my partner was involved in a salon a few years back and this was a constant problem, not helped by the wholesale product suppliers selling product to individuals at close to salon purchase prices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭joegdoyle

Hi, Nuttzz thanks for your help. the salon would be in the Carlow/Kilkenny area
    what is the nixer culture?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

joegdoyle wrote: »
    Hi, Nuttzz thanks for your help. the salon would be in the Carlow/Kilkenny area
    what is the nixer culture?

It is what is described in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057104346

For a salon the big problems these days are people doing nixers and mobile operators who dont have fixed overheads & are generally below the VAT threshold so can be a lot cheaper

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭joegdoyle

thanks Nuttzz

Advertisement