Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chess - 6 moves

• 15-12-2013 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭

hi,

I'm hoping ye good people will be able to give me some advice!

I'm undertaking a still life photography project in college where we have to produce 6 still-life photos which have a theme...

I have the idea of photographing a chess board as i have a loan of one which has very detailed pieces which will look well photographed in black & white...

Basically i'm looking for a series of 6 moves or 6 moves by a particular player in a game or 6 famous moves etc.

hope ye can advise!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Try the positions after White's last 6 moves from the Immortal Game. A very famous game (as you may have gathered from the name!) where White sacrifices most of his pieces to checkmate hrs opponent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

6 moves in one game could be hard if they're to be kind of iconic moves; it'd be rare to get that many in a game. I presume the idea is that you'd be trying to tell the story of the game in the photos?

Tal could help maybe. Try moves 18, 19, 21, 23 (the move which holds everything together), 26 (the ultimately winning position) and 49 (the final move) of this game here

The Immortal Game could probably do it too - white sacs material on moves 11, 18, 19 and 22. The mate after move 23 is one of the most famous in chess. You could probably include the position before move 1 as well, just to show that this famous game started from the exact same position as would a game between two beginners.

This is a lesser-known, but still amazing, game in which white sacs all his pieces - on moves 17, 20, 24, 26, 28, 30, 35 (declined) and 41. More than 6 moves, but you could leave out the declined one anyway. Still leaves 7 moves to sac all seven pieces. Might be worth it for people who don't really have an understanding of chess but could still appreciate every piece being sacrificed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

thanks thats exactly what i was looking for.... i don't play the game myself so was finding it difficult to research it properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

just to add too they don't have to be from the one game.... just has to be 6 of something, like a theme!

Advertisement