Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton 14-12-13 TV3

Options
  • 15-12-2013 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Graham Norton Show TV3
    The award-winning host continues his anarchic talk show. Expect the unexpected as top celebrity guests join in the fun with Graham and his irrepressible audience. Together on Graham's sofa are Hollywood star Ben Stiller, talking about new film The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, campaigning chef Jamie Oliver, star of Sherlock and The Hobbit Martin Freeman, and music from Rebecca Ferguson.
    (Stereo, Repeat, Widescreen, Subtitles, 4 Star)
    Looking at the 3 guests, Jamie Oliver looks like a Giant, considering Martin Freeman did play an elf.

Graham certainly played on the fact that Martin Freeman doesnt smile a lot & took someone out of the audience that wanted to take a selfie of him to prove the fact!

But I've noticed over the last 2 appearances he's had on the show, he seems to be up his arse with his ego & a bit of a crank, you dont see Benedict Cumbernatch with that same ego & the two came to prominence more afaik in Sherlock, as well as being in the second Hobbit film being Smaug, pronounced Somoyg by Martin Freeman repeatedly, he's definitely not a happy camper, ungrateful sod :)

Btw was Will Ferrell meant to be on the show?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Btw was Will Ferrell meant to be on the show?

The whole anchorman cast are on the new years special. Really looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

The whole anchorman cast are on the new years special. Really looking forward to that.

Now that's worth waiting for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Now that's worth waiting for!

Should be 1000 times better than the interview delivered by Tubs this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Graham Norton Show TV3

Looking at the 3 guests, Jamie Oliver looks like a Giant, considering Martin Freeman did play an elf....

I believe he plays a Hobbit, hence the title of the film. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

Birneybau wrote: »
    I believe he plays a Hobbit, hence the title of the film. ;)

I believe Patty was thinking of Saving Santa where he plays Bernard D. Elf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Good episode.

Jamie Oliver is starting to look a bit 'lumpy' in his middle age.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Good episode.

Jamie Oliver is starting to look a bit 'lumpy' in his middle age.

Stiller was a bit stiff so thank god for Freeman

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭lertsnim

But I've noticed over the last 2 appearances he's had on the show, he seems to be up his arse with his ego & a bit of a crank

Really? I thought he came across quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I thought that Jamie was Russell Crowe when I flicked over... then when I realised it wasn't him, I couldn't figure out who he was until Graham said his name.... the hair doesn't suit him like that.

I like Freeman. Saw him in a play before he starred in the office. Great actor. I like his demeanour too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

zoobizoo wrote: »
    I thought that Jamie was Russell Crowe when I flicked over... then when I realised it wasn't him, I couldn't figure out who he was until Graham said his name.... the hair doesn't suit him like that.

First thing I thought was that he has put on a lot of weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Did anyone else think the show was a little uncomfortable/awkward?

It never really found its groove.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

I find a lot of Graham Norton's shows can be awkward. Sometimes the guests don't gel at all.

You'll have the American guest whose only interest is promoting their movie and who is struggles to understand the UK sense of humour, a UK TV star whom said American will never have heard off but will politely pretend to be interested in and a "hilarious" UK comedian who will be plugging their upcoming 500 date tour and DVD and who tries way too hard to be funny and tell stories that they think will impress the American.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Definitely didn't work for me either, very flat show. Ben Stiller was in full on promotion mode, was he jet lagged? Just looked tired and disinterested. Martin Freeman kept the show afloat for me, he is a genuine star both sides of Atlantic after Hobbit and Sherlock, and well able to poke fun at himself with lack of smiling etc. Jamie Oliver really hasn't got much interesting to say, and has been said he looked a bit heavier than I've seen him, but maybe that was because of his suit and collar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kiwikaner82

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Did anyone else think the show was a little uncomfortable/awkward?

It never really found its groove.

It certainly was uncomfortable to watch. Especially when Graham asked Jamie about the Gordon Ramsey situation, the reply was anything but comfortable. Graham is a true professional though and he kept things going with his flawless humour.

Advertisement