Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying my first set tomorrow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JamBur

I'll be in the same boat as yourself this Christmas. My wife has been asking me continuously what I wanted, but I didnt have a clue:) After much reading I've decided to go for http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-Technic-Unimog-U400-8110-!116875-prd.aspx

At the very least it will be a nostalgia fest:D

Enjoy! The lambo looks class!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

I was SO close last night to buying a unimog was going to put off the lambo but even though the unimog is amazing I'm a car guy sooo ..

Post some pictures as will I later when I get it.

Excellent stuff, hope its as good as it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Happy for you m8, though I would have gone Unimog way. Then hunt down all the parts needed for lambo myself and build it. I would use only Brand new parts for such things.

Why so

• Advertisement

Why so

1. Unimog is a class Set, with a lot of cool parts. Its your first Lego in so long time, So getting a big brand new box of Lego with cool Pictures is part of that Experience ( at least for me it was last year, I was like a 26 year old child :pac: ).

2. I am not sure if that car is built from new or second hand parts. I dont like Second hand parts ( Its just me, I dont like it, I prefer brand new parts when I buy from bricklinks, I know all of them will be perfect, no marks, no stains, no smell, no scratches )

3. I am prettty sure he will be selling it already built. So taking it apart and building it again? Part of fun is actually to see a box full of small parts and then seeing the creation becoming alive. When I built my first set coming after Darkages I was shocked how cool and big model was, after seeing just a pile of small bricks ( it was only 9395 pick up truck ). So I guess, seeing it already built will ruin your experience.

It's in bags, came disassembled

It's in bags, came disassembled

My other points still stand. Though dont take it seriuosly, its just my opinion. As long you are happy - then its all that matters. Enjoy building it bud, dont forget putting some pics for us.

Its a return to the world of lego, enjoy it. I'm sure you'll have more purchases in the near future:) Any pictures?

My unimog is under the tree, not allowed to go near it yet:)

0lMviZR.jpg

• Advertisement

JamBur wrote: »
    Its a return to the world of lego, enjoy it. I'm sure you'll have more purchases in the near future:) Any pictures?

My unimog is under the tree, not allowed to go near it yet:)

Hopefully my treat will b here before Xmas! Postal services are at their peek as it is!

@ VTI: Looks good, he disassembled and bagged it nicely for you.

Hopefully my treat will b here before Xmas! Postal services are at their peek as it is!

Thats why I'm not keen on ordering from legos site, I want to get my sweaty, greasy palms on it before the year end:) I'm surprised how eager I am for it, especially considering it was a fairly spur of the moment request.

Advertisement