Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New cork paranormal team looking for members.

Options
  • 14-12-2013 11:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17

hi im with a new paranormal team in cork called cork supernatural society .we investigated locations known to be haunted .if there is a any one intrested please text 089*****00 or look us up on facebook cork supernatural society:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

hi im with a new paranormal team in cork called cork supernatural society .we investigated locations known to be haunted .if there is a any one intrested please text 089*****00 or look us up on facebook cork supernatural society:)

Can u travel? In seriousness, a lot of posters here would like to follow/be involved with investigations, not least Riamfada who has spent a lot of time trying to organise things. But it's all about practicality. Are you going to be Cork based only?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

to be fair, if a team is based in cork they shouldnt be expected to travel to accommodate prospective team members

maccored wrote: »
    to be fair, if a team is based in cork they shouldnt be expected to travel to accommodate prospective team members

Indeed, I would have posted in Cork forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 paranormal investigators

hi guys.we plan a few trips out of cork in the new year.we plan to visit the dublin hell fire club ,Enniscorthy castle in wexford and maybe 2 more.if your intrested let us no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Heh, all these new groups forming reminds me that I haven't organised an investigation in ages over there. Part of that is down to the fact I now reside in the UK; although I did also centre it around a single location when I did organise them because I didn't get a chance to expand my portfolio before I left the country as when I first started, the Irish paranormal scene was in its infancy. Of course, if I were to get back into it now, I'd be slightly more professional about it (mainly when it comes to radio procedures, people management and the like) because of the training I've had over the years and also the industry I've moved into (Security).

All things considered though, I figure that Ireland is a few years behind the UK in terms of the paranormal scene, because it was starting to become saturated about the time I moved over here (9 years in January) and likely became saturated a couple of years after that.

• Advertisement

Heh, I haven't organised an investigation in ages over there though that may partly be down to the fact I now reside in the UK; although I did also centre it around a single location when I did organise them because I didn't get a chance to expand my portfolio before I left the country as when I first started, the Irish paranormal scene was in its infancy. Of course, if I were to get back into it now, I'd be slightly more professional about it (mainly when it comes to radio procedures, people managament and the like) because of the training I've had over the years and also the industry I've moved into (Security).

So have you something planned Stormkeeper?

Nothing right now as I've got a business and life to take care of first, although I also need to funds in order to be able to travel and stay over for long enough. Admittedly though, all I could do is arrange investigations at Charleville Castle, which at this point has been done to death so I need to find additional venues over there as travelling to the UK is likely going to be a bit of hassle for most people!

Nothing right now as I've got a business and life to take care of first, although I also need to funds in order to be able to travel and stay over for long enough. Admittedly though, all I could do is arrange investigations at Charleville Castle, which at this point has been done to death so I need to find additional venues over there as travelling to the UK is likely going to be a bit of hassle for most people!

Thanks for that. Has any audio/visual research data/findings of serious credibility ever come out of Charleville?

In all honesty, I'm not sure... other groups may have an answer for you though. Although I did have some rather strange experiences there quite a few times. I've hardly been around here as of late and today is the first time I've been around in weeks. In all honesty though, if any data were to come by way regarding the place, I'd (now) take a more analytical approach to it, although I still do believe that there's something at the Castle. However, for the most part these things pretty much defy the scientific methods being used by ghost hunters and investigators, much like a lot of places said to be haunted. even if I do personally believe in the existence of ghosts and other things that go bump in the night, I need to maintain a healthy dose of scepticism too.

In the past I was pretty much on the far side of believer in the sense that I'd nearly attribute a noise out of nowhere as "paranormal". These days, for that same noise, I'd be making a note of it (timestamping!) and correlating it with the location I was, where I heard it, where others were and if they could hear it and so on. My approaches have gradually become more methodical, and my attitude more balanced and logical. I'm able to be a lot more rational about things as a result. Overall however, it's very difficult to get anything concrete data-wise, be it from Charleville or another allegedly haunted location, because things rarely ever happen under controlled conditions (if they do at all), so a lot of data will be disregarded based upon the fact that it could have been down to the surroundings or something else that can be explained through causes other than paranormal which is about 99.9% of the time.

The fact that unexplained occurrences are considered to happen at most 0.1% of the time means that during some "investigations", there's a high chance that nothing at all will happen; the first ever investigation I did at Charleville was by far one of the very few nights that had any significant level of activity, but at the time we were basically walking around the place and not using scientific methods (this was in 2004) as it was our first ever investigation so we didn't know what we were doing overall!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bigwoopwoop

Hey..are you still looking for members as i am interested but in same situation..can go most times but with family and work i would have to schedule around..i have an emf.cameras.one dvd and the other is tape..voice recorder. Not much i know but will try get more if needed..would be fun though..let me know.cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 bigwoopwoop

let me know of any upcoming hunts as i would defo be interested ..cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 paranormal investigators

you would be more then welcome to join us,if you are on facebook please stop by and send us a message thanks

Advertisement