Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New HP laptop not picking up HDMI???

Options
  • 14-12-2013 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Hi folks
    I recently purchased the HP Pavilion touchsmart 15-b181ea and the HDMI port does not seem to register when i plug in a HDMI cable. no beep, no icons, nothing.
    i tried troubleshooting on the laptop and looking for the driver that supports HDMI but there does not seem to be any on the laptop. anyone shed any light on this?? surly a new laptop should come whith this as standard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Hi folks
    I recently purchased the HP Pavilion touchsmart 15-b181ea and the HDMI port does not seem to register when i plug in a HDMI cable. no beep, no icons, nothing.
    i tried troubleshooting on the laptop and looking for the driver that supports HDMI but there does not seem to be any on the laptop. anyone shed any light on this?? surly a new laptop should come whith this as standard?

Mine doesn't indicate that the HDMI is plugged in either, it just works. It's not clear from your post but are you connecting to tv? Have you set the video output to external? Usually Fn and F5 (or whichever key has the little screen symbols)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

thanks, connecting to a TV but my old laptop did it automaticaly.
    Ill try the F4 again.

Advertisement