Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skin Care

Options
  • 14-12-2013 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

Hi men!

I am just wondering if you have a skin care regime, and if so, what products do you use? I am looking to get my boyfriend some face wash/ cleanser and moisturiser but I don't know where to start. He wouldn't be the type to do much, so a wash and a moisturiser would be as far as he would entertain a "regime".

Would really appreciate some insight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

36711011_H.jpg?identifier=38732407d38373b7309faf59f44d34ec

Plus

DSCN2404.JPG

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I use a La Roche-Posay face wash and moisturiser. Not cheap but not OTT and quality products

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Francisco Durden

E45 moisturising lotion and Cetaphil Cleansing lotion throughout the day.

Rosehip oil before bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Can't go wrong with clarins for men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Clarins extra strength face wash for men. Its expensive, but I have used the same bottle daily for years. A glycolic acid cream to prevent wrinkles and acne (better than retin a) and palmers male moisturizer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Anyone have any recommendations for sensitive skin?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,348 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note : Francisco Durden please do not recommend prescription medication to other posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

St. Ives apricot scrub along with their collagen moisturiser. They come in big tubs and last a long time. Fairy cheap as well. I am also using bio serum oil. I used to be the sort of person who would just splash a bit of water over my face every morning but you do see an improvement when you put a bit of effort in, I think. What works for one person may not work for another though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

What a movie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

ElleEm wrote: »
    Hi men!

I am just wondering if you have a skin care regime, and if so, what products do you use? I am looking to get my boyfriend some face wash/ cleanser and moisturiser but I don't know where to start. He wouldn't be the type to do much, so a wash and a moisturiser would be as far as he would entertain a "regime".

Would really appreciate some insight.

Since your boyfriend doesn't have a skin care regime, it's probably a good idea not to spend too much at first in case he doesn't take to it. I think you can't go too far wrong with the L'Oréal and Nivea for Men products that you can get in any supermarket. I really like L'Oréal's Hydra Energetic Charcoal Wash. Other good options are the Hydra Energetic Face Wash, or the Pure & Matte Deep Exfoliating Wash. Nivea for Men have a nice moisturiser, Sensitive Moisturiser, which lasts for ages.
    Red Crow wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations for sensitive skin?

You could try the sensitive range from Nivea for Men.

Yeah, the ''for men'' products are probably the best option in this case, as they won't make him feel like a big girl's blouse. I can't see why there would be any difference apart from the packaging though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Pug160 wrote: »
    Yeah, the ''for men'' products are probably the best option in this case, as they won't make him feel like a big girl's blouse. I can't see why there would be any difference apart from the packaging though.

There is a difference, believe it or not. It wouldn't do any harm to use womens' products at all, but they are constructed differently. Mens skin is generally tougher than womens, and the products are often more harsh and stronger.

Sauve wrote: »
    There is a difference, believe it or not. It wouldn't do any harm to use womens' products at all, but they are constructed differently. Mens skin is generally tougher than womens, and the products are often more harsh and stronger.

So I've heard. Although to be honest, the stuff I'm using now works a lot better than the ''for men'' products I used in the past. That's just my own personal experience though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,348 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Everyones skin is different so I guess different things work for different people.

So I've heard. Although to be honest, the stuff I'm using now works a lot better than the ''for men'' products I used in the past. That's just my own personal experience though.

You're dead right. I've used mens face scrub because I like a good rough scrub, and know guys who couldn't use most of the 'ladies' stuff that I do because it's too harsh. Everybodys skin is different, it's a matter of finding what suits you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

St. Ives apricot scrub

Will rip your skin to shred. Very few, if any dermatologist will recommend a physical exfoliate like that. Its uneven texture can damage the skin. A chemical exfoliate like glycolic acid is far better as it reduces risk of skin damage

hfallada wrote: »
    Will rip your skin to shred. Very few, if any dermatologist will recommend a physical exfoliate like that. Its uneven texture can damage the skin. A chemical exfoliate like glycolic acid is far better as it reduces risk of skin damage

I use it and love it, leaves my face squeaky clean and doesn't damage it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 sport_nut

nivea for men before bed each nite , ive dry ( ish ) skin so it seems like the right stuff to use

Advertisement