Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal V's Realex

Options
  • 14-12-2013 12:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4

Quick question for consumers. I've a website which has not performed as well as other years since the security payment issues came to light in Nov. I do not have a secure payment link on the site so I'm putting it down to that. My question is simple do people prefer paypal over realex or is there another company that I should look at? Any advise would be helpful. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Speaking as a customer, I always use paypal where available as it doesn't cost me any extra and I have the advantage of the security they offer in terms of mediation if something goes wrong or the item is not received.

As a developer, I find more merchants stay away from paypal due to limits and fees associated with transactions.

Realex, Skrill (Moneybookers), and SagePay are the most popular I am seeing at the moment. Realex and SagePay offer more of a bank merchant orientated system, you need a merchant account with your bank, then they process the payments to that account, lots of red tape but overall I find Realex keep that nice and simple compared to other merchants.

In summary, I dont believe paypal will deter a customer as you can check-out on paypal as a registered customer or unregistered. I could see it being more a disadvantage from a merchants point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Quick question for consumers. I've a website which has not performed as well as other years since the security payment issues came to light in Nov. I do not have a secure payment link on the site so I'm putting it down to that. My question is simple do people prefer paypal over realex or is there another company that I should look at? Any advise would be helpful. Thanks in advance

if you don't have secure payment, no-one in their right mind would consider purchasing from your site.

I'd start with paypal and if the turnover / transactions warrant it, also offer realex.
    Paypal can be integrated in minutes and you just need a bank account linked into the paypal account. For realex you need a credit card merchant agreement and also pay realex €29/month minimum

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 kerrymanintown

You'd be surprised, I've had three websales since I've posted. I do agree with you as my sales have dropped by 40% since November. Thanks for the reply

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 kerrymanintown

Thanks The Boffin, hassle free is what I'm after!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Thanks The Boffin, hassle free is what I'm after!!

You may be looking at this from the wrong side because your website needs to be hassle free for the buyer , rather than you .

So I recommend Paypal for starters

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Stripe is the tits: https://stripe.com/

I still offer PayPal as an option, but Stripe is chreaper, simpler and more professional. It makes PayPal look like something an Irish bank would develop.

Advertisement