Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to i get a job at a sports summer camp in ireland ?

Options
  • 14-12-2013 4:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

hey i always have free time in summer and was thinking of getting a job. I want to know how i can get a job working in a sports summer camp in ireland. I love sports and think a job like that would fit me better then working in a clothes shop. I know people go abroad and work in camps there but i want one in dublin. so how do i do that ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Pop into the local sports centres, and ask. If you regularly train in a gym, or at a local sports ground, ask someone there that runs the place, and they may be able to point you in the right direction. Sooner better than later, as the Gardai check can sometimes take a month or three, depending on a few factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,723 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I would imagine that you need to be already volunteering at the sports club or community group that is running the camp: they're unlikely to hire randomers off the street who they don't already know for this sort of thing.

Maybe start asking the committee members of the clubs you belong to what camps etc they run.

Advertisement