Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert subject book recommendations. :)

Options
  • 14-12-2013 3:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hey guys, I know this was probably asked already if so i apologize, but could you please recommend me some of the best possible study books for my choice of leaving cert subjects.?

English - HL
    Mathematics - HL
    Business - HL
    Biology - HL
    Accounting - HL

Many thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

bloodyhawk wrote: »
    Hey guys, I know this was probably asked already if so i apologize, but could you please recommend me some of the best possible study books for my choice of leaving cert subjects.?

English - HL
    Mathematics - HL
    Business - HL
    Biology - HL
    Accounting - HL

For maths and biology all i can reccomend is papers. Do a full paper and correct your mistakes, i know it takes a while but you will thank me in august ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭bloodyhawk

Huell wrote: »
    For maths and biology all i can reccomend is papers. Do a full paper and correct your mistakes, i know it takes a while but you will thank me in august ;)

Do you mean examination papers? I know, but there are still so much beyond my understandings. Examination papers are great yes i can't deny that, but i still need text books and revisions for me to get somewhere :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

I find for maths, simply doing the paper and checking back against your textbook is fine. Not the kind of thing you need a revision book for.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭bloodyhawk

Great, thanks yoho. Anyone else have anyother book recommendations for rest of the subjects? Would be lovely if you could post them ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

bloodyhawk wrote: »

English - HL
    Mathematics - HL
    Business - HL
    Biology - HL
    Accounting - HL

English - key notes
    Business - 21st century business by William Murphy
    Biology - Leaving cert biology with the plant infront by Michael O'Callaghan
    Accounting - Modern Accounting - great for the theory part of the exam in particular

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Graded Accounting is very good for sample questions and just general practise once you've worn out the papers. Definitely 21st Century Business too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Alison55

I dont do accounting but for business its the business by joe stafford is very good also for business go through exam papers and look at the questions. My teacher told us that you divide the marks by 5 and then that is the amount of points or things you need to talk about in your answer i.e the question is 25 marks so you need 5 detailed points with headings. So, just go through the exam papers and make sure that you have enough to get full marks in sample questions. Biology revise wise is very good but as someone has already said here exam papers are extremely important, what I do is I make my own notes on a topic and then do the exam paper questions on it and look at the marking scheme and whatever I didnt get right I make sure I know where I went wrong. and for maths as well just exam papers however, this project maths is driving me crazy! I would much prefer the old course as I feel project maths is very unpredictable which freaks me out to be honest. Again, for english just make notes and try to narrow all of your key points down.

Advertisement