Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

benji marshall

Options
  • 14-12-2013 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭

sorry this does not deserve its own thread but i couldn't find a general discussion thread. iv a few kiwi mates going crazy about this guy coming to union. just how good is he? and do ye think his skills will translate to a union out-half? will he be better/ as good as carter or cruden

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

nerd69 wrote: »
    sorry this does not deserve its own thread but i couldn't find a general discussion thread. iv a few kiwi mates going crazy about this guy coming to union. just how good is he? and do ye think his skills will translate to a union out-half? will he be better/ as good as carter or cruden

He is to League what BOD or Carlos is to Union, or Messi to football etc. He has an unbelievably raw talent.

I'm not sure how his conversion will go but I'd wager he'll slot into 15 for the first while anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Adi G

He will be either fantastic or rubbish. He was very injury prone while playing with West Tigers in the NRL. He will struggle if he does not have immediate impact with his code switch. If you watch some of his highlights on youtube, you will see he his capable of great things, but I have watched him weekly for 8 years and i doubt he will ever make the all blacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

All gone a bit wrong for Benji, he's looking to come back to League again after being told he would probably spend rest of this union season in 2nd tier rugby to prepare for next season. Shame it hasn't worked out for him but it will be League's gain.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/apr/21/benji-marshall-seeking-a-return-to-rugby-league?CMP=twt_gu

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah that's a great pity. He looked handy enough but must not be patient enough for the transition. I suppose at his age who'd blame him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

disappointed he didnt work out i dont watch league so unfortunately im not going to get to see him now and by all accounts hes a very enjoyable player to watch. still wish him all the best with the rest of his career

• Advertisement
Advertisement