Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 years

Options
  • 14-12-2013 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Hi. Ive lasted 6 years. Having avoided all family occasions I finally caved in(brothers wedding). It was a great run and im sure it will recommence in the new year. But my sabbatical has ended.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭KeefF

Nozebleed wrote: »
    Hi. Ive lasted 6 years. Having avoided all family occasions I finally caved in(brothers wedding). It was a great run and im sure it will recommence in the new year. But my sabbatical has ended.

Wow! 6 years is a serious achievement and shows you what you can do. Well done - start again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Carpet diem

Well done on 6 years.

There no time like the present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Well done on six years Nosebleed, But I am curious as to why you broke it ?

You said finally caved in,where you under much pressure to drink alcohol ?

What's your plans now ?

Any tips for others who are going down the same road ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

realies wrote: »
    Well done on six years Nosebleed, But I am curious as to why you broke it ?

You said finally caved in,where you under much pressure to drink alcohol ?

What's your plans now ?

Any tips for others who are going down the same road ?

Well I didnt cave due to pressure from others,i just decided to let loose. I dont think ill drink anytime soon..as I was sick as a dog all day saturday with alcohol poisoining! The hangover was that bad it might actually be a good thing in the long term..ha ha. To be honest it was the perfext reminder why I gave up in the first place. Although the nighta drinking was enjoyable the next day was brutal. 6 years was a huge break away from drink and I never missed it..im gona take another break now maybe hold off until the next wedding/funeral or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jimmyRotator

Nozebleed wrote: »
    It was a great run and im sure it will recommence in the new year. But my sabbatical has ended.

Im giving it up I swear, in the new year,
    Im gonna be going straight, I cant wait,
    No more of that for me, you'll see.
    Until this year is gone, party on.

~Damien Dempsey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭KeefF

Im giving it up I swear, in the new year,
    Im gonna be going straight, I cant wait,
    No more of that for me, you'll see.
    Until this year is gone, party on.

~Damien Dempsey.