Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice wanted from a parent...

Options
  • 14-12-2013 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My parents are getting me a pair of diamond studs for Christmas. Thing is I only got my ears pierced today.

I'd like to ask them not to give me them until later, because I have to keep these ugly things in for 6 weeks and if I have them in my bedroom the tempation to change them early might be too much for me.

Do you think asking them to do that would make them think I can't be trusted to use self control?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Do they know you got your ears pierced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

m'lady wrote: »
    Do they know you got your ears pierced?

I'm going to say yes, as they are considering buying her earrings... :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

OP, just accept the earrings for Christmas, thank them for buying them and ask them to keep them for you until Valentine's Day (or whenever you would like them).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I think it shows maturity; you dont feel you would be able to resist putting them in before the 6 weeks are up, so need a helping hand in doing so. Just dont expect them to buy you another present of equal value tho in its place! Ask them kindly to store them somewhere safe until the 6 weeks are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I'm going to say yes, as they are considering buying her earrings... :P

Sorry stupid moment there!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement