Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this be a good everyday laptop?

Options
  • 14-12-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I currently have a XPS 17 laptop but I find it very cumbersome carrying it around with me in college.I was looking to buy an alternative I was checking the dell website and seen they have an XPS 15 laptop for €379 they also have an XPS on sale for €429 the differences between the two are the processor and video card.

Processor Intel® Pentium® Processor 2127U (2M Cache, 1.9 GHz) and Video Card Intel® HD Graphics for the €379

Processor3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i3-3217U Processor (3M Cache, 1.8 GHz) and Video Card Intel® HD Graphics 4000 for the €429

It would solely be for college so just to use the net and Microsoft Office mostly just wondering would I be better off shelling out the extra €50 for the i3 processor or is there better value to be found elsewhere, would I be better off buying a better spec laptop?

The rest of the specs for the laptops are 4GB3 DDR3L ram and 500GB hard drive.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement