Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did I get a good deal?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

Anyone? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

http://www.evokeddesign.com/product/pearl-sets-ps012

Here's something similar for close to what yours are suggested to be worth. So you've probably got a really good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

Hmm yes that looks good alright! A lot of people seem to be selling these pearls for cheap enough online though.. They are freshwater which is the cheapest pearl :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I got excellent genieue uniform freshwater pearls for my mother for €10 with a gold clasp in a china town a few years ago. You can tell if they are genieue if they are cold to the touch and if you rub them together they scratch but don't change colour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I picked up a set on a deal site about a year ago for a similar price. They were real pearls that came with it but they weren't all perfectly round. You could only tell they were not perfectly uniform if you are looking close at them so not something that bothers me at all and they look lovely on.

Pearls aren't that expensive or rare. Large and/or perfectly shaped pearls are expensive and rare.

I don't know if it's actually that good a deal tho, not sure what the base price for them should be. I know the set I got claimed to have been originally worth hundreds too but there is just no way they were actually worth that. I'm sure they at some point tried to charge that just so they could be square with the deal site by claiming they are 90% or whatever off but that doesn't mean much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement