Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor shower tonight??

Options
  • 14-12-2013 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Sorry long time lurking first time poster in this forum. Has anyone else seen a number of meteors tonight in the north sky just near the plough. I've been out a few times tonight in the past hour, hour and a half and I've seen at least 6 of them. Hadn't seen anything mentioned anywhere so just curious??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 NotDiarmuid

There is indeed a meteor shower tonight which should peak tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

seen half a dozen naked eye within a 30 minutes bracket, shot 100 image, none captured one :(

Oh and for info, its the Geminid, peak tonight

http://earthsky.org/tonight/geminid-meteor-shower-peaks-on-night-of-december-13

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My blinds are down to be cleaned tonight so I've a fairly goo view from my bed. Saw a huge one a few minutes ago.

Tempted to head for the hills... Have an early start tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭selfbuildkk

Perfect I was just wondering what the story was I hadn't heard anything about it, I'm based in the southeast by the way if that helps anyone with location.

Location is a good point actually, anyone know the direction to look?

Other than up. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 JungleJuice

Anything spotted or visible in the east of the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Was out looking for about half hour here in north Cavan but its starting to get a bit cloudy...typical....but have seen quite a few already...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ORVEE

Seen about four or five while out having a cigarette, near waterford looking north.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Saw a few very quick ones and a massive one that looked like in landed possibly 100 miles south of Kildare, I'm guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭selfbuildkk

Im in Waterford looking north and its like a fireworks display at times, how was this not publicised?? I waited for ages for all that was advertised and nothing, and then I pop out for logs and I see this??

• Advertisement

I'm in Dublin looking 30* (North, North east)

Haven't seen many, just looking out my window from bed.

Advertisement