Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Times Atlas of the World: Reference Edition. £5 @ Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭micka

Out of stock already :(

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Thanks bromley. Just bought one. It's out of stock though so I doubt that it will arrive before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

micka wrote: »
    Out of stock already :(

Eh "Temporarily out of stock"

You can order and they'll send it when it's restocked

Stg 10.47 with P&P - Free P&P with Stg 25 order and above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭bromley52

vicwatson wrote: »
    Stg 10.47 with P&P - Free P&P with Stg 25 order and above

Where there is a will there is a way.

• Advertisement

bromley52 wrote: »
    Where there is a will there is a way.

No, where there's a will, there's a relative:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭batistuta9

what's the difference in all the editions? reference, universal, comprehensive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭batistuta9

found this about it on amazon in a review, in case anyone else is wondering
    And this comprehensive one is the biggest, the heaviest, and the most comprehensive - here is a comparison list with all the others called "Times atlas of the world", as I was terminally confused. Until I did a bit of homework, and came up with the following: (all prices quoted from Amazon, October 2011)

The biggest is called COMPREHENSIVE, costs £80, is 47x32 cm, weighs a ton, has 125 map plates (not pages, as most spread over 2 pages) and a 217-page index.

The next is the CONCISE, costs £40, is 37x27 cm, has 105 plates on 198 map pages, and a 140-page index to 130,000 names. And 32 city maps, which is something the biggest lacks (apart from a few titchy ones on the main plates)!

The next is the UNIVERSAL, costs £ 28, is 32x27 cm, has 170 pages of maps (not plates - probably 90 plates), an index to 50,000 names, and 32 city maps.

The next is the REFERENCE, costs £25, has 104 pages of maps (not plates - probably 60 plates), an index to 45,000 names, and 46 city maps.

The next is DESKTOP, costs £ 13, 25x19 cm;
    then the COMPACT, costs £ 8, 21x15 cm;
    then the MINI, costs £ 5, 15x11 cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭bromley52

It is £3.99 now. About €4.50

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

I already got the comprehensive edition. Why do I feel the need to buy this, one as well! I blame the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 kellyboards

Ordered at 4.99 so contacted amazon to get it corrected.. Thanks for OP and the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Greg81

Thanks OP. Just got one. First time using Parcel Motel. We will see how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

anyone else having trouble with amazon forcing two day delivery. for my £26 basket they are looking for £240 delivery costs!!!!

Just me by the looks. Amazon customer care is brilliant in fairness, unfortunately i missed out on that batch of atlas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Just a heads up. I ordered this when it was 'temporarily out of stock'. It's still listed as this; however, I've now been given a delivery estimate of approx 2 weeks, so it's possible they'll be in stock again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Just want to say special thanks to the OP, fantastic atlas, wasnt expecting it to be so good for the price. the satellite photos at the beginning are great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Yep, very very happy with mine. Lovely to have on the coffee table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Just want to say special thanks to the OP, fantastic atlas, wasnt expecting it to be so good for the price. the satellite photos at the beginning are great

I also agreed - and am bumping I guess just in case it goes down in price again

I am bringing as a gift to china - its a beautiful book

And in EASONS yesterday it was 43 euro !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I got it at £5. It won't be delivered until March, which is a pity.

Mine not due until Dec 23rd - Arrived Dec 20th - Thanks Amazon !

Also, thanks OP, bloody brilliant book at this price - Fantastic !! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

Bought mine
    Sat week at 5£ thanks OP
    Expected delivery date is March though, but that will be here before we know it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

I also agreed - and am bumping I guess just in case it goes down in price again

I am bringing as a gift to china - its a beautiful book

And in EASONS yesterday it was 43 euro !!!

No - try checking the REAL price sticker.

In Whitewater newbridge it was 42.99 + €10 off + it was in their 3 for 2.

So if you bought 3 books of similar value, the net cost per book would be €22 - about the same as Amazons current £16.65 price.

But sure why apply the special offer price of one store when not appling it suits a negative story better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

sandin wrote: »
    No - try checking the REAL price sticker.

In Whitewater newbridge it was 42.99 + €10 off + it was in their 3 for 2.

So if you bought 3 books of similar value, the net cost per book would be €22 - about the same as Amazons current £16.65 price.

But sure why apply the special offer price of one store when not appling it suits a negative story better?

Say What now ?

The price in Eason's when I was buying another book was the price I quoted and attached. There was no discount offer, and no " 3 for 2" offer

I bought it for 6.00 euro off amazon so even at your suggested reduced rate it cost me 27% of the Eason's discounted price

I really don't get your tone, or your last sentence, but for clarity .. I referenced the actual price of the item when i was in an Eason's store on the weekend, and what I said was a reference to a POSITIVE story relating to the OP's original post.

You might need to find more significant things to complain about

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

It came today. I've only flicked through it but it looks to be amazing.

Advertisement