Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs date advice!

Options
  • 12-12-2013 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I know it crazily early in the year to be thinking about the Debs already, but I've been trying to think of who I wanna bring and I've no idea D: all my friends will prob have dates so I'm worried I'll be left out :( I have one really good guy friend who I wouldn't mind going with but I kind of doubt we'll go together. There's this guy that I met at a party before, and we've spoken on facebook a couple of times. He's really sound and I kinda wanna ask him when the time comes around to ask people to be dates. Would it be weird to ask him? Or are guys generally pretty open about that sort of thing? As in would they be creeped out if a girl who they hadn't seen in ages randomly asked if they'd go to the Debs with them?
    P.S., I haven't got a hope in hell of being asked by anyone so that's why I'm putting this up haha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭billie1b

I know it crazily early in the year to be thinking about the Debs already, but I've been trying to think of who I wanna bring and I've no idea D: all my friends will prob have dates so I'm worried I'll be left out :( I have one really good guy friend who I wouldn't mind going with but I kind of doubt we'll go together. There's this guy that I met at a party before, and we've spoken on facebook a couple of times. He's really sound and I kinda wanna ask him when the time comes around to ask people to be dates. Would it be weird to ask him? Or are guys generally pretty open about that sort of thing? As in would they be creeped out if a girl who they hadn't seen in ages randomly asked if they'd go to the Debs with them?
    P.S., I haven't got a hope in hell of being asked by anyone so that's why I'm putting this up haha

Why dont you have a hope in hell being asked by someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlyclodagh

billie1b wrote: »
    Why dont you have a hope in hell being asked by someone?

mainly because I don't know the majority of the guys in my year, and I'm pretty shy so I wouldn't say they'd think of me when they're trying to think of who to bring themselves :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Nah it's no big deal. Lads in my year asked out girls who worked in the corner shop, who they only knew from buying stuff, and she went.

Just because their your date for the night doesn't mean you've gotta be stuck together, people chill with their friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭billie1b

Nah it's no big deal. Lads in my year asked out girls who worked in the corner shop, who they only knew from buying stuff, and she went.

Just because their your date for the night doesn't mean you've gotta be stuck together, people chill with their friends.

Its not a big deal at all, to be honest with you, guys prefer shy girls rather than the 1 inch make-up wearing girls that think they are loved by everyone. I asked a girl I worked part-time with, hardly knew her, she was quite shy, she accepted and we had a great night, I'm sure you'll be fine, don't be worrying about it too much, its not worth the hassle of worrying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I wouldn't get to worked up about it. I was sort of the same with you last year as all of the girls in our year were either in a relationship or they had a really close friend. I ended up asking a 5th year which seemed to be them norm for us boys as there was quite a lot of 5th years at our debs. The whole date thing isn't really what you think, you meet her/him, eat dinner and get photos taken and once you go to the nightclub, that's it really, you won't see them for the rest of the night.

Everyone ditched their dates at the nightclub to be with their friends for the rest of the night

• Advertisement
Advertisement