Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 1911 Census for Dublin is now available as an Android app.

Options
  • 12-12-2013 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

As part of my college course we made an app for searching the records from the Dublin census in 1911. The app has a data base with 300,000+ records. When you find the person you look for you can see all the household members and their details.

The app also includes facts about the areas covered in the app.

Here's the link to the Google Play Store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackwater.dublineage_dublin1911

The app is free and we make no money from it, but we get bonus marks with 1000+ downloads!

I know Dublin isn't relative everyone but feedback from people who actually research their genealogy and are interested would be great. Our plan is, if this is successful, to build apps like this for cities and towns all over Ireland
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Sounds good - thanks.

Note that the link above is broken - it includes "..."

z

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheFish90

Thanks I updated it so it should work now

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Coolnabacky1873

Well done!

Any chance of doing an all-Ireland one?

I sent a tweet out to highlight it. I'd recommend contacting the Irish Genealogy News blog, that has a wide readership.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheFish90

Ye we're thinking of an all Ireland version. We're going to get an Iphone version going first though

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Well done!

Any chance of doing an all-Ireland one?

I sent a tweet out to highlight it. I'd recommend contacting the Irish Genealogy News blog, that has a wide readership.

I told Claire about it already. :)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I just downloaded it and had a look.

Well done on developing this great app. Hopefully you will get some sort of reward for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Really nice app you have there.

Fairplay for all your hard work. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

What's an app?! :confused:

I'm half in earnest and half in jest, I still don't own a smartphone, not sure I ever will. And I still don't use that tweeting thing! :D

Anyway, seriously, well done. Fair play to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Although I recently acquired a smartphone, I just use it as a telephone. :) And I don't Facebook or Tweet either. By the way my phone screen is way too small for me to use as a computer, even if I stretch the image (I learned how to do that). Can't I download the app to my computer anyway? Must learn to do that too.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭VicWynne

The app sounds great - is it in the iTunes App store?
    Thanks,
    Vic

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

It's only for android at the moment, afaik.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

One of the questions in that census relates to the number of children born and number still alive. Do you have total figures for these questions?

Advertisement