Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removeing the steps at Balbriggan Harbour?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

cathy01 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzECxEoWQYs&sns=fb

I don't know how to put a youtube video on this?
    Anyway have a look .

It's easy enough once you get the hang of it (took me a few times though)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_how#faq_bie_faq_how_youtube

Not too sure how I feel on this, my gut reaction is that its a bad idea but I suppose Fingal must have valid health and safety concerns (or so you would hope!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Try removing the extra "e" from the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

I imagine that it may be linked to the people swimming in the harbor over the summer. They may be trying to prevent swimming by removing the steps. I would be concerned over how to extract a person that falls in or how a small boat could safely moor and allow people to disembark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I imagine that it may be linked to the people swimming in the harbor over the summer. They may be trying to prevent swimming by removing the steps. I would be concerned over how to extract a person that falls in or how a small boat could safely moor and allow people to disembark.

No I think the E is fine thanks.most people know what I'm saying.
    Anyway a few weeks ago a guy was taken from the water .from the video I understand that the steps where important in getting him out of the water.
    I too would t be happy that quick access could be made if its needed.
    Fergal might have more input on this?
    Thanks cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

You put the video's ID (in this case gzECxEoWQYs) inside the <youtube></youtube> tags (using [ instead of <)

• Advertisement

Irish Halo wrote: »
    You put the video's ID (in this case gzECxEoWQYs) inside the <youtube></youtube> tags (using [ instead of <)

One lonely guy , where's the support. ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

@ jca - unhelpful and rude posts will not be tolerated in this forum.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

As Dublin port Company have handed over the harbours to Fingal Co.Council the harbours now fall under their bye-laws http://www.fingalcoco.ie/media/1.3.3%20Harbour%20Byelaws%20Adopted%20Balbrigagn%20&%20Skerries.pdf They have also removed the steps from other harbours and it could be due to the fact that one of the laws is "No person shall dive or jump of any pier" but I can't find anything on the net as to why exactly the steps have filled in.
    As a small boat user I find the steps very handy for loading and unloading gear and I also find that kids "and I":) feel much safer using the steps over the ladder, as for safety I feel it is very important to get someone out of the water as soon as possible and a ladder is not the way to go :(

fergal.b wrote: »
    As Dublin port Company have handed over the harbours to Fingal Co.Council the harbours now fall under their bye-laws http://www.fingalcoco.ie/media/1.3.3%20Harbour%20Byelaws%20Adopted%20Balbrigagn%20&%20Skerries.pdf They have also removed the steps from other harbours and it could be due to the fact that one of the laws is "No person shall dive or jump of any pier" but I can't find anything on the net as to why exactly the steps have filled in.
    As a small boat user I find the steps very handy for loading and unloading gear and I also find that kids "and I":) feel much safer using the steps over the ladder, as for safety I feel it is very important to get someone out of the water as soon as possible and a ladder is not the way to go :(

Ok so its deffo not a good thing.Anyone know if there is a campaign about it.Im not starting one :D
    But I would be behind this.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

They are lloking to do the same job in Skerries.

• Advertisement

Sparky84 wrote: »
    They are lloking to do the same job in Skerries.

NO WAY, WHATS THE POINT.
    If people that use it says it saves lives why are they even thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

There was no consultation with the people who use the steps. They already took away the steps in Skerries a few years ago that looked over the back wall.

Advertisement