Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking In Carrickmines

Options
  • 12-12-2013 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I have just gotten a job in Carrickmines in the offices beside the retail park. I assumed being so far from town that there would be ample free parking but I have been told that there is a limited amount of time you can park in the retail park. (I cannot find any information re parking on their website)
    The office I will be working in comes with 2 spaces which are already taken. Can anyone let me know if its possible to get parking within walking distance anywhere?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,253 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is the Luas P&R, but you have to pay and use Luas.

Alternatively, Dublin Bus route 63 Dun Laoghaire-Kilternan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

There used to be on section of the underground part relatively unused - you might chance your arm, but best to chat with some others who work in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I can't see how they can enforce a time limit, the car parks are so big and spread out.

If you move your car at lunchtime to a different part of the car park I can't see there.being a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ESMA

Thanks for your comments. Cool I think I'll alternate between the undergound and shuffling around the car park! The huidini car parker!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,253 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I can't see how they can enforce a time limit, the car parks are so big and spread out.
    ANPR on the entrance and CCTV. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_number_plate_recognition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 CelticCub

I work in Carrickmines in the retail element, office staff are not allowed park in the retail park as it is correctly for customer use only and there is plenty of signage in place indicating this. They have a van with a ANPR & a ANPR at the entrance that records all regs plus security who use CCTV to waytch ppl who park in teh retail spaces and walk to their offices - doesnt matter if you move your car around one bit they will still eventually clamp you. I would expect that due to it being extremely busy at Christmas their attentions are elsewhere but come the new year I wouldnt be suprised to find your car clamped....the under ground carpark has the same rules - irrelevant if it is busy or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

You have to wonder about this, especially when the retail park has such poor public transport links.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 CelticCub

Nothing to wonder about - plenty of extra offices parking spaces to rent but they companies are too tight to pay for their staff. The site is a ten minute walk from the Luas and is also served by the 63 bus.

Advertisement