Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Qatar in Asia?

• 12-12-2013 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

Myself and the missus were chatting yesterday about World Cup in Quatar. During our chat she referred to Qatar as being in Africa. No its not says I, its in the far east. She changed tack slightly then to say that Qatar is on the African continental plate and that therefore its in Africa. Now, while I realise that the wife is always right, I do think this time she is wrong, Quatar is not in Africa.
    Am I right?!

Comments

You could say it's part of the Afro-Eurasian landmass, making you both correct! In any case, I'd have considered Qatar to be a constituent of the Arabian plate, which is neither the African or Asian plate, though would be considered, in my on view at least, closer to being "part of" the Asian plate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Just call it the Middle East because it pretty much is in the middle. Although technically I believe it's in Asia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Qatar is located in southwest Asia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Qatar is the Kerry of Asia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Qatar is in Asia, full stop. It may be that your wife is never wrong, but she sure ain't always right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks all!
    In the meantime she has shifted her position on this, she now claims she never said it was in Africa but that its situated on the AfricanAsian contential plate!
    I can never win!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

banjobongo wrote: »
    she now claims she never said it was in Africa but that its situated on the AfricanAsian contential plate!

It's not on the African tectonic plate, rather the Arabian tectonic plate.

tectonic.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Talking of plates, I think I can see some flying in a certain house!

Advertisement