Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No ID for USMLE - HELP!

Options
  • 12-12-2013 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi, just wondering If anyone has any advice. I am booked to sit USMLE Step 1 on Thursday 19th Dec. I applied to re-new my driving licence 4 weeks ago but there has been a delay and no-one at the Driving Licence office can tell me when I will receive it........
    Then, realised I cannot find my passport..........
    I'm hoping that my long-form birthcert will come in the post today, I have passport form filled out and all documentation.
    However, yesterday Dublin passport office said grand, make an appointment asap, bring proof of exam, it will cost 150e etc, fine. I cant get an appt for Dublin until Monday so I rang Cork Passport office (twice). Both times they said no way, need at least 6 working days because I lost the last 1. Rang back Dublin, now they say I may not be able to get an emergency passport because I'm not flying anywhere!!!

Can anyone clarify the emergency passport application for me? Are Prometric / USMLE very strict on ID? (I'm guessing yes!). Would a student card and birth cert work??? Is there any point going to Cork tomorrow to beg for an emergency passport?

Cant postpone as already did once.....feeling desperate.....:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ihaveanopinion

Prometric are really strict about ID. They will only take the mandated government IDs - which I think in the case of Ireland is passport.

You'd better get the emergency passport

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Biologic

Book a cheap flight somewhere and get the emergency passport for it, then don't go...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭usersame

you can push the date of the test back if needs be! do not show up without ID!

Advertisement