Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Possible to OC my new build?

• 11-12-2013 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi guys,

I have completed a self build three weeks ago. Everything went together fine and the computer seems to be running ok with games (BF4 Ultra on 1440p works well).
    I have not tweaked the computer at all, I have heard that you can play with the Mobo BIOS etc, but I have no clue where to start.

Anyway, just wanted to know if I can do much overclocking with the components that I have. I did not choose the components myself, but was advised to me in the 'PC Building & Upgrading' section of boards.ie.

Any help is appreciated,
    Regards,
    Kev.

CPU: i7-4770k
    GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 with boost x2 (in crossfire)
    Mobo: ASRock Z87 Extreme 4
    RAM: G.Skill 8GB x 2
    HEAT SINK: Thermalright HR-02 Macho (http://www.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=67114&agid=669)
    FANS: Two front 140 fans(air in), one side mounted 140(air in) facing onto GPU's, one rear 140 (air out) and one top 140 (air out) over CPU heat sink.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Hi guys,

I have completed a self build three weeks ago. Everything went together fine and the computer seems to be running ok with games (BF4 Ultra on 1440p works well).
    I have not tweaked the computer at all, I have heard that you can play with the Mobo BIOS etc, but I have no clue where to start.

Anyway, just wanted to know if I can do much overclocking with the components that I have. I did not choose the components myself, but was advised to me in the 'PC Building & Upgrading' section of boards.ie.

Any help is appreciated,
    Regards,
    Kev.

CPU: i7-4770k
    GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 with boost x2 (in crossfire)
    Mobo: ASRock Z87 Extreme 4
    RAM: G.Skill 8GB x 2
    HEAT SINK: Thermalright HR-02 Macho (http://www.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=67114&agid=669)
    FANS: Two front 140 fans(air in), one side mounted 140(air in) facing onto GPU's, one rear 140 (air out) and one top 140 (air out) over CPU heat sink.

If it is running at ultra fine I personally wouldn't bother. But your build is set up to overclock if you choose to. There are plenty of vids on YouTube .
    Just do some homework if you do decide and be fully aware there are drawbacks also.

Advertisement