Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography marking scheme

Options
  • 11-12-2013 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭

When answering questions that require 2 factors to be discussed e.g. 'Examine 2 factors that have led to the development of manufacturing industry in a non-Irish European region.' Do you need to discuss an equal number of SRPs under each factor to achieve full maks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

No, just 15 SRPs total :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sail54

Actually, I think the amount of SRPs has to be fairly even for each part. My teacher was always adamant about this. Also, from looking at the exam papers this seems to be the case too e.g. 2013 paper qu. 5 B and qu. 12 C. I think that if you had 11 SRPs for one factor, and 4 SRPs for the other, you wouldn't get 30 marks, despite having the total amount of SRPs that is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yup, the SRPs gotta be equal for each heading/part. You won't be able to make up the marks that you left in another paragraph e.g 10 SRPs in one, 5 in the other, you won't get full marks because one is missing some SRPs.

Advertisement